Woodfordes Nog

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donny_1972

Reaction score
Just done my first Nog and it has turned out very tasty, however it's only around 4 percent. Iam going to out another one on and want to modify it to make it a bit stronger. Any tips on how to do this? Was thinking about adding a jar of honey.

What sort of abv do you want? You have various options...just add sugar,a beer enhancer which is a mixture of dextrose and malt extract,or add dry or liquid malt extract. Just sugar will give you more abv but may make a "thinner" beer. Malt extract is a better option. You could also add less water when you make the kit...this too will up the abv.

I don’t think honey adds much flavour at all. Just throw in some medium DME. Brew short would be my preference.

Each 500g of sugar should give you 1% in 23l, 500g of dme should give you 0.75%. I’d use dme to keep the body and taste better but it’s a lot more expensive

Just done my first Nog and it has turned out very tasty, however it's only around 4 percent. Iam going to out another one on and want to modify it to make it a bit stronger. Any tips on how to do this? Was thinking about adding a jar of honey.
I got it to 4.5% with out any additions but it was still the most disappointing brew I have made so far! It lacked taste and also tasted very weak!

This was also my first Nog and I have to say it turned out well. It's just a bit on the weak side and would like it to be at least 5%abv.

Norfolk Nog should be more than 4%.

Have you tried the Nelsons Bitter (5%)?

Yes. I've done them all and they are all good quality.

I'm pretty sure there was a recent thread about the Nelson's and the consensus was good.

Latest posts

Back