Wooo hooo first brew bottled

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ll be bottling my Red Irish Ale next weekend. Tasted the Mangrove Jacks Bavarian Wheat beer and Mangrove Jacks Juicy Session IPA last weekend. Both are really great. I’ve done 6 beers, 1 cider and a white wine so far. It’s a great hobby. So far I can say that Juicy Session IPA is No.1 and is absolutely gorgeous. You’ll love it.

Once you get the bug it becomes an obssession! I think about beer and about brewing and about ingredients almost every waking moment :cool:
Totally agree. There's something about creating something yourself and why my first love/obsession is plants. So easy to create new ones from cuttings/seeds. Never ceases to amaze me when new plants grow and home brewed beer tastes good (sometimes).

Excellent and well done. I just purchased the Mangrove Jacks Irish Red Ale. I’ve also just bought the Mangrove Jacks Pink Grapefruit IPA again. First time to buy the same kit twice. I’ll be trying out the Mangrove Jacks Juicy Session IPA next weekend. Looking forward to it. Best of luck with your brews.
Where do you buy your kits online or shops?

Totally agree. There's something about creating something yourself and why my first love/obsession is plants. So easy to create new ones from cuttings/seeds. Never ceases to amaze me when new plants grow and home brewed beer tastes good (sometimes).

I have never done that with plants but love planting and looking after trees when I get the time - something about having my hands in the soil feels really life afirming.

How has the Morgan's Roasted Malt turned out for you?
I've added it to my two latest brews - Muntons Gold Imperial Stout and Bulldog Brews Elusive Snark Stout. Both are enduring long fermentations, the former still slowly bubbling after 4wks, but grvaity have been consistent at 1020, so unsure whether to go ahead and bottle. The latter now on 2wks and should be down to 1008 now, but I'm getting1016. Both have been around 22degrees throughout.

How has the Morgan's Roasted Malt turned out for you?
I've added it to my two latest brews - Muntons Gold Imperial Stout and Bulldog Brews Elusive Snark Stout. Both are enduring long fermentations, the former still slowly bubbling after 4wks, but grvaity have been consistent at 1020, so unsure whether to go ahead and bottle. The latter now on 2wks and should be down to 1008 now, but I'm getting1016. Both have been around 22degrees throughout.
I got down to 1010 and bottle it 7 days ago. I’m fairly new but 1020 does seem high Hopefully someone more experienced will give a better answer

Latest posts

Back