Wooo hooo first brew bottled

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very accessible, when you consider you can buy a kit containing everything you need for around £45.
if you make one and decide it’s not for you you still have 40 pints for around a pound a pint so even if you threw everything away after first brew you’ve not really lost anything.

Excellent and well done. I just purchased the Mangrove Jacks Irish Red Ale. I’ve also just bought the Mangrove Jacks Pink Grapefruit IPA again. First time to buy the same kit twice. I’ll be trying out the Mangrove Jacks Juicy Session IPA next weekend. Looking forward to it. Best of luck with your brews.

Excellent and well done. I just purchased the Mangrove Jacks Irish Red Ale. I’ve also just bought the Mangrove Jacks Pink Grapefruit IPA again. First time to buy the same kit twice. I’ll be trying out the Mangrove Jacks Juicy Session IPA next weekend. Looking forward to it. Best of luck with your brews.
I made the juicy IPA earlier today and it’s gone crazy bucket lid is bowed up and airlock bubbling like crazy 😂
There’s 4 inches of froth on the top of the wort

Last edited:
I made the juicy IPA earlier today and it’s gone crazy bucket lid is bowed up and airlock bubbling like crazy 😂
There’s 4 inches of froth on the top of the wort
The reviews are always very good. The reviews on Mangrove Jacks kits in general are always very good. I’ve done the Bavarian Wheat beer, Pink Grapefruit IPA, Juicy Session IPA and soon the Irish Red Ale.

Congrats, this hobby has a way of really dragging you in. So much joy (and heartache) to be had.

I can also heartily recommend the Coopers devils half ruby porter.

Just looked at this sounds great what and how much do you add to it ie. spray malt or malt extract ?
It's the standard 1.7kg of malt extract, so depending on what you want to do. I brewed it straight a few times with the Coopers beer enhancer, a few times both 1kg of light or dark DME with 200g of muscavado sugar. Most recently due to time constraints I used 1kg of DME and steeped 200kg dark crystal and 50g chocolate.

There are a few posts about "pimping" the kits if you are in to that thing by forum member terrym. Quick search find this one here

Last edited:
Back