Words fail me

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
and that doesn't happen often.

“Shouldn’t be, passed it’s MOT 2 Months ago” ashock1

Cumbria Roads Police‏ @CumbriaRoadsPol 1h1 hour ago

Driver shown his 2 defective tyres. Driver replies “Shouldn’t be, passed it’s MOT 2 Months ago”. Informed he will be reported. Apparently it’s our fault for stopping him Please check your vehicles before every journey. #Denial #6points

DnTOPo0XgAAwfd8.jpg

It's fine, the tyre of the left has still got a small grove bit of tread left! :laugh8:

You can see the tread depth block (just) i bet he thought he could get a few thousand miles out of that one. :laugh8:

In a motorbike shop in Perth I saw the rear wheel of a motorbike standing upright in the middle of the floor. I was intrigued to find out why it hadn't fallen over as it didn't appear to be leaning against anything, so I wandered over to have a look.

The wheel and the tyre looked almost new but the very centre of the tyre was worn completely flat with a 50mm band of canvas showing. I talked to the owner of the bike and he was as shocked as I was!

Apparently, he'd got a new job down near Morecambe, fitted new tyres to the bike and commuted the 500 mile round trip up and down the M73 - M74 - M6 motorways every three days.

He discovered the wear after only 3,000 miles, having not realised that sitting upright for 99% of the time and hammering along a motorway at 80-90mph for most of his journey, had put almost ALL of the wear on the rear tyre!

I understand that he was about to fit a "harder" tyre to sacrifice a lot of grip in favour of more mileage. athumb..

He also told me that in future, he would check his tyres after every journey. acheers.

Latest posts

Back