worried

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's hardcore. I know a few people who do it. My diet isn't great but I train alot. Your diet is the hardest part to get right.

I find it actually quite easy. I just dont eat anything during the day and spend the evening grazing. Now OMAD (one meal a day) is hard core. You eat all your calories for the day in the space of an hour. If your overweight its not so bad as all you do is eat till your full, then the fat on your body is the rest of your daily calories. But if your at maintenance like I am eating 2300 calories (my energy expenditure for the day according to online calcs) in one hour is really quite hard

I don't do any training (apart from my 90 mile per week commute) but that's my goal for the year. I'm still tweeking my 'personal food regime'

I find it actually quite easy. I just dont eat anything during the day and spend the evening grazing. Now OMAD (one meal a day) is hard core. You eat all your calories for the day in the space of an hour. If your overweight its not so bad as all you do is eat till your full, then the fat on your body is the rest of your daily calories. But if your at maintenance like I am eating 2300 calories (my energy expenditure for the day according to online calcs) in one hour is really quite hard

I don't do any training (apart from my 90 mile per week commute) but that's my goal for the year. I'm still tweeking my 'personal food regime'
You need to be a very strong minded person to stick to it.

You need to be a very strong minded person to stick to it.

I think what a lot of people like about it is you can eat whatever you like and as much as you like (within the hour restriction). People find traditional diets restrictive in that you have to retrict what foods you can eat and how much. OMAD is a method of calorie restriction by default (the default being stomach capacity). It's REALLY hard (although not impossible) to eat more than your energy requirements for the day and by default you end up in a calorie deficit. So people seem to find the motivation to be able to do it because they dont feel deprived

I did OMAD for many years and it works I kept my weight below 12 stone. However it was in my late 30's and early 40's and I was busy at work so never worried about eating during the the day. If however I got home and food wasn't ready I was lie a bear with a sore head. Since I stopped my weight has creeped up , I did dry January last year and lost 7 pounds.

I did OMAD for many years and it works I kept my weight below 12 stone. However it was in my late 30's and early 40's and I was busy at work so never worried about eating during the the day. If however I got home and food wasn't ready I was lie a bear with a sore head. Since I stopped my weight has creeped up , I did dry January last year and lost 7 pounds.

Did you do OMAD for maintenance too? I've always wondered how someone would do that as you'd have to eat quite a bit in a short space of time

Don't know what for maintenance means

Basically maintaining your goal weight. The reason OMAD works so well is because your calorie intake is restricted to your stomach capacity. After a certain amount of time you'll lose enough weight to hit your weight target but presumably if you carry on doing omad you'll keep losing weight until the ultimate conclusion (you die from malnutrition)

I got older less exercise new job lots of travel, hotel meals etc so low maintenance but OMAD was the only regime that worked for me so I'll try Two
MAD and then OMAD.

As a diabetic (type 2) myself I looked into this.
The idea that diabetics must abstain from alcohol is an old one and moreover not true.(from more recent published guidance)
Acording to recent advice a diabetics body will process alcohol the same as any one else.
Drinking to excess with drinks that contain a lot of sugar is another matter however.
Its more a case of what type of beveridge you drink.

Personally i have done blood sugar tests after drinking spirits,sugar free mixers,dry wine red/white. The readings were fine
I have not tried the same with beers and lager as I dont make these at home (yet,!!)
Sugar filled liquers and sweet wine i would think are not good in quantity however.

As a winemaker is easy to make my wines bone dry.(which it just so happens i prefer)
But i am curiuos about beer (which I would like to start brewing)

As a winemaker is easy to make my wines bone dry.(which it just so happens i prefer)
But i am curiuos about beer (which I would like to start brewing)

You can do the same thing with beer. I made a, 'Brut Blonde' last year (going to make another as my next brew). It was very low in carbs. The recipe in in my brew day thread. I'll just go and find it (When I do I'll ad the link to this post as an edit)

Edit: https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/threads/myquls-brewday.60803/page-12 post 234

I believe some anti-biotics will make alcohol more potent. That may be why the medics tell you not to drink. They don't want you to fall or injure anyone.

I believe some anti-biotics will make alcohol more potent. That may be why the medics tell you not to drink. They don't want you to fall or injure anyone.

It's mostly to do with certain antibiotics making you violently sick if taken with alcohol (namely metronidazole). There isn't much interaction between antibiotics and alcohol otherwise.

The same- it become life style as opposed a a diet regime. for me the biggest surprise how easy it was and that it stayed off . i thought it would be a struggle but its wasnt, and i carried on drinking ales. Just need to find healthy-ish low carb foods you like and eat loads of them. Biggest revelation was cauliflower rice. done properly whci is very quick and easy it actually tastes better than Rice, have it with a chilli, a curry, a stew etc and you have a carb free meal. The only downside is i eat more meat than i used too to get protein.

Back