worried

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
also that Brut IPA- how did it turn out? is see its quite low abv at 3.5. want to give one a go but my new years resolution was to go back to basics, the more ive experimented the more the quality has dropped, so back to honing down on my perfect IPA i think.

The same- it become life style as opposed a a diet regime. for me the biggest surprise how easy it was and that it stayed off . i thought it would be a struggle but its wasnt, and i carried on drinking ales. Just need to find healthy-ish low carb foods you like and eat loads of them. Biggest revelation was cauliflower rice. done properly whci is very quick and easy it actually tastes better than Rice, have it with a chilli, a curry, a stew etc and you have a carb free meal. The only downside is i eat more meat than i used too to get protein.

I tried the low carb for a couple of months during the summer, I was probably the skinniest I've ever been in my adult life, I was like a whippet. But to me it didn't make intrinsic sense. All that fat just felt wrong. I've now switched the diametric opposite and eat high carb moderate/low fat. It feels much better to me.

The Brut Blonde turned out great. Just like a light lager, you wouldn't know the difference. The only thing I felt it could do with is a bit more of a flavour punch. I'm making another as my next brew. I'll be adding a hop tea as I think the notty and the amylase 'dragged' a lot of the hop flavour out. It was only 3.5% because I like low ABV beers. The recipe I adapted it from was 4%. You could easily do an IPA strength if you wanted to.

So, a lot has happened since...

I've lost 3 stone and I'm not considered to be diabetic (well, I am, but in remission). Covid happened also.

I rediscovered a stash of over-carbonated dark beer and IPA in the man cave from god knows when last year - we must be talking almost a year.

And it is fab - I mean genuinely excellent.

I was gonna sell my gear......but.....

Latest posts

Back