Wort pump

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use a similar pump and it's fine. Not a huge flow but perfect for my needs. Look for one with the transformer included - I'm sure they were available for not much more than what you have linked to. I got mine from aliexpress.

I use a similar one (probably the same to be fair), I find the wort sometimes causes motor to stop spinning not sure of the cause 100% (possible causes viscosity of the wort, bubbles being pulled from the wort collection area at the bottom of the boiler or rapid changes in liquid tempreture), but find when it happens removing the pump end and spinning the impeller (pump fan blades or whatever they may be called) gets it started again, this can be a pain if it happens while brewing (I find it often happens during clean up) but if you are aware it may happen & know how to recover the situation not deal breaker.

Don’t do it, they clog up very easily add you need to add 5 quid on a transformer.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/760066872.html
I use a similar one (probably the same to be fair), I find the wort sometimes causes motor to stop spinning not sure of the cause 100% (possible causes viscosity of the wort, bubbles being pulled from the wort collection area at the bottom of the boiler or rapid changes in liquid tempreture), but find when it happens removing the pump end and spinning the impeller (pump fan blades or whatever they may be called) gets it started again, this can be a pain if it happens while brewing (I find it often happens during clean up) but if you are aware it may happen & know how to recover the situation not deal breaker.
I forgot to say that I use a helix filter in my kettle which stops anything blocking the pump, otherwise I would imagine it would block easily as it is very small.

Back