Would Appreciate Some Recipe Pointers

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petrolhead

Regular.
Reaction score
I brewed a fairly standard Russian Imperial Stout before Christmas, it was gorgeous, drank too young and so has all but disappeared. I would like to brew up another batch and set it aside for longer using the impending Summer, ha ha, to stop me drinking it.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a corking recipe please.

Mentioning the summer I haven’t done a Kolsch yet so it seems like a good time if someone could pass on their recipe.

Many thanks.

I brewed a fairly standard Russian Imperial Stout before Christmas, it was gorgeous, drank too young and so has all but disappeared. I would like to brew up another batch and set it aside for longer using the impending Summer, ha ha, to stop me drinking it.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a corking recipe please.

Mentioning the summer I haven’t done a Kolsch yet so it seems like a good time if someone could pass on their recipe.

Many thanks.
Regardless of the recipe, make two batches: one for necking down as soon as it's drinkable, the other for forgetting about until you discover it again on Christmas Eve. That's my humble suggestion, anyway.

Regarding the kolsch, the yeast selection is the most important bit to get right. Use something like wy2565 and ferment at 16°.

For the grain bill I like to keep it simple, pilsner malt with just a little Vienna. A single hop addition to around 25 ibus.

If you want a tried and tested RIS recipe have a look at mine here which won a gold medal at the Irish NHC a couple of years ago with a score of 43.

athumb.. Sound advice An Ankou, a fellow Celt I suspect from your nickname.

Steve a first class pointer and just what I was looking for, also a chance to buy a conical flask and stir plate I suspect.

Cheers both.

Back