Would you like to be 18 again?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its no for me i don't think i would/could have changed anything.

What i do wish is i had been born in the easrly1940's, no mobile phones, set top boxes, social media, SKY TV (meaning sport was on normal TV) gas central heating (we all had coal fires with back boilers to heat the water so free hot water when the fire was on) everyone in the street knew everyone else and you didn't need to lock your front door or car door (if you had one) as no one would nick anything, people had local jobs so stayed locally people only moved if they had more kids than they had rooms (most families had two kids many had more) people often groan when people say "the good old days" i honestly think they probably were.

I will put my rose tinted specks away now. :laugh8:

Yes things I would teach myself about training and nutrition which I haven't discovered until I was in my 30s.

Plus I would start brewing.. Save myself a lot of money.

My kids would probably see me a more adequate age to join their online gaming :laugh8:

Totally, well actually what I'd like to be 18 now with all the prior knowledge. With the Internet and everything else it has brought with it I'd expect my life to take a very different and perhaps more rewarding path than it has now. I suppose even being 18 when I was 18 (1990) with all the prior knowledge would still help a lot and I'd buy a lot of Amazon, Apple, Microsoft etc. shares 😀

Not unhappy with my life just aware that it could be something else.

If that's all a bit cryptic then good as that's all I'm going to say

If you could be 18 again and take back with you what you know now - would you?

Why?

Why not?

Don't think I would

Absolutley.

All those times I had points on my licence, I'd keep below the limit instead, and i'd have been able to save our sirion. Plus i'd have visited centreparcs abroad earlier and saved all those grim uk holidays. As for brewing the HB in those days was **** so i'd not start brewing that much earlier. would invest in apple & tesla shares and in 2018 buy a lot of pfizer shares. Learn French & Dutch. Other than that I'm quite content with my lot.

No, an 18 year old with my mental baggage would be a bit of a weirdo.
Plus, an 18 year old now, has little chance of making it to 63 any more. 2066? All four horsemen due long before then, I fear.

If you could be 18 again and take back with you what you know now - would you?

I took the OP as meaning you go back to when you were 18 with the knowledge you have today not you wake up tomorrow as an 18 year old.

There is a couple of young lads that live over the road from me now,Very pleasant and well mannered they are as well, Allways there with a smile and a good morning.
They graft hard in there dads forestry buisness
I hope they do have long and happy lives and most importantly stay in good health.

But i do kind of suspect that folk of my age have seen the best of Britain.

Back to the golden days of 1978? Absolutely I would. I’d make some different choices on the journey back to now, that’s for sure.

My younger self started brewing back then too, AG as kits were so poor, and kept in the coal cellar at ideal serving temperature.

Reactions: jof
Back