Would you like to be 18 again?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes.
And take the whopping $5,000 saved for college, and just buy Microsoft at the IPO.
No one has ever gotten rich by putting money in a savings account.

Yes I would

At 18 I was in the 1975 british karate championships.

Now i can hardly walk up the street.
In agony,In poverty
Sport has a cost, I don't regret a minute of it, best times of my life, but I hurt now, everywhere Lol

Hope the poverty is not impacting your life too bad ❤️

I would say No, I have lived a good life, I don't like how things are changing now and I wouldn't want to be starting out in life again.
Probably start homebrewing sooner though Lol

Interesting what John said about having seen the best of Britain. Obviously, in his shoes, I'd say the same, but I don't think I've seen the best of Britain. I've seen the hope of the 60s and the much maligned 70s turn into Thatcherism and austerity, and the results in the communities it damaged in the process. And now, a bunch of grifting fools in charge on both sides of the Atlantic (one hopefully gone, but maybe not for good). As for would I like to be 18 again; well, I could hardly make such bad decisions in my early years again, could I? :D

I would love to be 18 again - part of my problem is that despite being 47 next week I still act like a bloody student.

Just assume reincarnation is a thing and don't worry about it.
Apparently, when at a (very boring) work well-being seminar and discussing what one might theoretically like to be reincarnated as, "Kylie Minogue's bar of soap" is NOT the correct answer. Who'd have thought that, then? (I got 'a bit of a talking to' for that one - one of many over the years)

18? Absolutely not. The idea of going back, knowing what I know now simply means that life gets to chew more of my a66 all over again only for different reasons. I'll stick with my current happy-reminiscing over the good stuff.

I'd like to be the weight I was back then, I'd buy Apple, Amazon and Tesla shares and some Bitcoin when that came around but....
Then I'd know that I'd lost by kids and wife by becoming 18 again, I'm not rich but have a house over my head and my health, nah, leave 18 and the spots and angst to the 18 year olds.

As I told my ww2 father the army and the world in 1980 has changed
Inthe 70s he befreinded a German on holiday in Scotland to catch some fish.
He was a German U boat commander Proud of his duty and a man of compassion
His name was Kapitan Werner Pligrim.
My dad and Werner became very firm friends over the years and met frequently
I have come to relise about 1/2 century later My father was right
ALL PEOPLE ARE HUMANS
I had the sad duty of informing him of his friend and my fathers passing.

As I told my ww2 father the army and the world in 1980 has changed
Inthe 70s he befreinded a German on holiday in Scotland to catch some fish.
He was a German U boat commander Proud of his duty and a man of compassion
His name was Kapitan Werner Pligrim.
My dad and Werner became very firm friends over the years and met frequently
I have come to relise about 1/2 century later My father was right
ALL PEOPLE ARE HUMANS
I had the sad duty of informing him of his friend and my fathers passing.
Life would be so much simpler and better if everyone involved in conflict could do the same. Much respect to your father. And condolences on his passing however long ago it was.

Latest posts

Back