WOW Peach and Pear Juice

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barley Rubble

Landlord.
Reaction score
Brewed this today as follows in a 5 litre DJ;
3 x 1 litre Granini Peach Juice (50%).
1 x 1 litre Granini William Pear Juice (50%).
500ml White Grape Juice from LIDL tinned peaches.
1 x cup black tea (3 bags).
1 x tsp. Youngs Pectolase.
1 x tsp. Youngs Super Yeast.
1 x tsp. Youngs Yeast Nutrient.
500 g. white sugar.
OG 1070. Deliberately made with lower alcohol level as for 90 year old MIL!
Steady airlock action after a couple of hours.

MIL likes her wine sweet, so may have to back sweeten after fermentation. :D

Peach and Pear excellent combo. I was looking at these Granini bottles before but they seemed quite pricey to me. Then again you don’t often see actual peach or pear juice around.

I was looking at these Granini bottles before but they seemed quite pricey to me

Tesco tinned peaches 33p are cheap enough and they do tinned pears in juice for 80p.

1597271703973.png
1597271890695.png

Tesco tinned peaches 33p are cheap enough and they do tinned pears in juice for 80p.

View attachment 30912View attachment 30914

Oh yes lol I meant specifically the granini bottles seemed pricey to me. I know all about the cans, I have a large pile of various fruits in cans sitting in my study. I’ve started buying them instead of wine kits because they’re much cheaper and they taste better.

Peach and Pear excellent combo. I was looking at these Granini bottles before but they seemed quite pricey to me. Then again you don’t often see actual peach or pear juice around.

I think they were £2.29 per bottle from Tesco. A little bit pricey I suppose, but I wanted to make a WOW that would be ready to drink in a couple of weeks!
I only added the pear as I didn't have enough peach juice! LOL... :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back