WOW RGJ, AJ & Cranberry

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barley Rubble

Landlord.
Reaction score
Been busy in the Rubble household today!
Having already brewed 23 litres of Bad Cat, 8 litres of Pineapple TC today, and now.....

Just made 9 litres of WOW in 2 DJ's as follows;
In each of the DJ's;
1 x 1 litre of Asda RGJ pure pressed 100% never from concentrate 160g sugar.
1 x 1.5 litre of Sainsburys AJ 100% from xconcentrate. 92g + 46g = 138g sugar.
1 x 850ml Ocean Spray Cranberry Juice (AJ 44%, WGJ 36%, Cranberry Juice 20%) 92g sugar.
1 x mug of 3 black teabag boiled but allowed to cool.
700g of white sugar. Total sugar 1100g. OG 1190.
1 x tsp Youngs Pectolase, 1 x tsp Youngs Super Yeast, 1 x Youngs Yeast Nutrient.

Worzel's Orange Wine is what WOW stands for.
Basically making wine from supermarket fruit juices and red grape juice. White grape juice on its own is like hen's teeth so most use red grape juice (RGJ).

I have been thinking about this for a while.
Hear me out....

WOW stands for Worzels Orange Wine right, but Drop the name Worzel as it is not really relevant in these current times, Orange, well very few make orange wine simply because it is extremely volatile whilst under fermentation, and getting hold of white grape juice (which is one of the main ingredients of Worzel's Orange Wine) is virtually impossible these days.

I think the new name for this style of wine should be Supermarket Juice Wine or SJW. Voila.

What do you think? Answers on a postcard to Home Brew Forum.......

I think the new name for this style of wine should be Supermarket Juice Wine or SJW. Voila.

I have referred to it as supermarket juice wine for years as orange wine tastes nasty (we only made one batch) and as you asay White Grape juice has been AWAL for years.

This has been my signature for a few years - How to make Supermarket Juice Wine - HERE.

If you follow the link in my signature it takes you to the huge WOW thread which was also renamed to "Supermarket Juice Wine Recipes and Wurzel's Orange Wine (WOW)" a few years ago.

Latest posts

Back