WTF is going on?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yikes. I used thin bleach and not an awful lot of it, then topped up with water. I did leave it for a good few hours though as I was working and kinda forgot about it. Thanks for the tip.

Make sure you take apart the posts, disconnects and any tubing that has been used on that fermenter, give them a bath in some bleach too.
Should I give the disconnect from the reg the bleach treatment or is that overkill?

IMG_20210227_155557.jpg

Could this white stuff be the culprit?

Isn't temperature irrespective when fermenting under pressure? And also 25 or 30 psi is a lot of pressure... My understanding of fermentation under pressure is that it takes 3 or 4 days at any temperature and is normally done at about 10 psi. I'm happy to stand corrected if that's not right.
The white stuff there... I'd push sanitiser through it before I use it (or maybe something even more aggressive), then let it dry right out after I clean and store it after use.
Stick with your batch! You never know; I once read about a yeast that was created after a beer was made 'unintentionally sour'. So you may create an amazing beer! You never know.
Good luck buddy.

Latest posts

Back