Wyeast 1084 Irish Ale Replacement

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,
I am just ordering some ingredients for my next couple of brews. I would like to brew the Greg Hughes Irish Red Ale.

The recipe uses Wyeast 1084 Irish Ale yeast. GEB don’t have this in stock. Any ideas of what else I can use please?

They have loads of other ale yeasts in stock ( London, Yorkshire, Scottish, British etc). Alternatively CML have their Beior yeast, which is recommended for Scottish and Irish ale?

I also have some Nottingham in the fridge and some harvested Hornindial kveik. Not too sure the kveik would work, but would the Nottingham be any good?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Hi,
I am just ordering some ingredients for my next couple of brews. I would like to brew the Greg Hughes Irish Red Ale.

The recipe uses Wyeast 1084 Irish Ale yeast. GEB don’t have this in stock. Any ideas of what else I can use please?

They have loads of other ale yeasts in stock ( London, Yorkshire, Scottish, British etc). Alternatively CML have their Beior yeast, which is recommended for Scottish and Irish ale?

I also have some Nottingham in the fridge and some harvested Hornindial kveik. Not too sure the kveik would work, but would the Nottingham be any good?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

https://www.geterbrewed.com/wyeast-irish-ale-1084/

Says in stock. I'm also looking to do the same brew

Latest posts

Back