Wyeast 1450 Denny's Favorite

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brew_DD2

Mint Choc Chipster
Reaction score
I ordered Wyeast 1056 online the other day but unfortunately I got a call today to say it was out of stock and was offered this as a replacement. I have accepted it but was wondering if anybody has any experience with it?

It looks pretty versatile.

Reading more into this I think I'll use the CML West Coast yeast for my Sierra Nevada clone and save this for some more malty.

Reading more into this I think I'll use the CML West Coast yeast for my Sierra Nevada clone and save this for some more malty.

Ah, you found the AHA thread where Denny explains how he got his yeast sold commercially. Let us know what you do with it in the end.

I ordered Wyeast 1056 online the other day but unfortunately I got a call today to say it was out of stock and was offered this as a replacement. I have accepted it but was wondering if anybody has any experience with it?

It looks pretty versatile.

Denny recommended that I use it the next time I brew an American brown ale. He also said it makes a great cider.

Latest posts

Back