Xmas Beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plumpton

Regular.
Reaction score
Ok so I have a Mexican Cerveza just about to bottle and have just bottled a Woodfordes Wherry, yesterday my Woodfordes Norfolk Nog has turned up.

Any suggestions as to what other kit I should do to stock up for Xmas?

I have already brewed in the past:

St Peters Ruby Red ale
Coopers Australian Pale Ale
Coopers DarkAle
Coopers Australian Lager
Coopers Brewmaster Stout (made with BlackTreacle)
Coopers Canadian Blonde

So I am hoping to try something different.

Any of you tried any of theMilestones kits?

thanks everyone

:drink:

Time's running out for Christmas!
The Breferm Christmas Beer might be an idea, but you want to mature this at least two months before drinking. Mine's in the bottom crate, I will open a bottle at the end of November ....

Yes if you want a high gravity beer you really need to have it done in the summer. I have got a barley wine which needs bottling but will probably not be carbonated now before christmas 2011. You could make it and leave it for next year that is what I will do with mine just drink a handful and leave for next Christmas. :thumb: :thumb:

My first Xmas as a home brewer. Any Xmas beer suggestions? Preferably a partial mash and something that I could brew in late September and have ready by early December. I'd brew something sooner, but I've already got my next 3 brews lined up.

I can see this is an old thread. Brewferm have changed the name from Christmas Ale to Winter ale.
I have a query about the instructions. the can weighs 1.5 kilos. the kit is supposed to make up 7 litres. the instructions say to add three litres of water and no sugar. surely that only makes around 4.5 litres of beer? I have made this kit before and simply made the total up to 7 litres.
Surely they didnt get this wrong in the intructions. What am I missing?

I can see this is an old thread. Brewferm have changed the name from Christmas Ale to Winter ale.
I have a query about the instructions. the can weighs 1.5 kilos. the kit is supposed to make up 7 litres. the instructions say to add three litres of water and no sugar. surely that only makes around 4.5 litres of beer? I have made this kit before and simply made the total up to 7 litres.
Can you upload the instructions

you could also punch the numbers into a brewing calc tweeking water to get the og & fg to match up their figures or the abv% and that should tell you the water required?

I did a Brewferm Xmas beer kit I got from Secret Santa yonks ago.
Depending on the kit the instructions vary a lot.

Below is what appears to be the full instructions similar to the ones I obtained at the time:

https://www.mojepivo.com/documentation/instructions_brewferm.pdf
It was worth the effort, even for so little beer and I recall re-using the yeast to good effect, too.

Whilst out for a moment, I remembered that the instruction to bottle at 1.020 was a disaster. I bottled in swing-tops and sometime in late Autumn, had to open each one into a 15L fermenter, to let the torrent of foam subside before rebottling for Xmas.

On that basis, I suggest you follow the regime of adding 500g sugar and brewing to 9L, bottling at 1.010 (and not above!). This is as suggested for Tripel and several other cans, which are all the same size, of course.

That is right, no additional sugar but I have seen people on this forum discussing adding more sugar and water.
I have done this now by simply making up to a finished volume of 7 litres. hopefully ill report back in a few months.

Attachments

• IMG_20200528_123025.jpg
    IMG_20200528_123025.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_20200528_123052.jpg
    IMG_20200528_123052.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 58

Latest posts

Back