Yaldi IPA

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In isolation (Ie don’t compare it to Punk) it’s not a bad beer, nothing special but drinkable. However I think that Ghost dance is much nicer from Aldi

I had a little taste of the Aldi AEIPA on Friday. I wasn't expecting much, (having read this thread) but it wasn't as bad as I imagined. I found it a little sweet and had a softer hop character, but was quite drinkable, although the comparison to Punk doesn't help it.

I thought for the price, £1.19 per 330ml can it was good value, but if you buy multipacks, Punk IPA sells for £1.25 per can in 4 packs or £1.17 in 12 packs in other supermarkets.

Our local tesco had punk ipa fridge pack (12) for £12, it was almost a pallet full stacked up.They must be getting it cheap to sell it a £1 a can.
Some places still sell it for £6.50 for a box of 4....ouch!

I got some out of curiosity on Friday, I was incredibly disappointed with it. It's nothin like proper BD Punk, seriously lacking in the hop department, it's probably why its so cheap

aldi punk.jpg

Is it worse than the Steam brews from Lidl?
I quite liked the Session IPA one I had recently. I'd rather drink that than the latest recipe Punk which I find that too dominated by honey flavour and lacking the in hoppy punch I remember.

Last edited:
This made me laugh - Brew Dog's response to Aldi's 'Anti-establishment IPA' rip off. Dont think it'll get beyond a dig on social media and make it into production though.
On a more positive note Brew Dog are bringing out a Street Dog IPA with adoption adverts for strays on the cans and proceeds to Dogs on the Streets and All Dogs Matter.
https://foodanddrink.scotsman.com/drink/brewdog-responds-to-lookalike-aldi-beer-yaldi-ipa/
I read Tesco wanted to stock it and had been in touch with Brewdog 😂😂😂

Back