Yeast suggestion - Nelson's Revenge

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glove81

Reaction score
Hi,

First post in a while as like many others at this point I am brewing for the first time in ages.

I have a suspected stuck ferment on an extract kit, Nelson's Revenge from Woodfordes. I have an old heat belt that I will leave over night and give a wee agitation in the morning. I am wondering about pitching some more yeast in and wondered if you have some ideas of what yeast would be a good one to use?

Thanks

Details please. O G? Current g? What yeast? How long has this been fermenting? At what temperature?

Forgot to get OG, rusty habits I'm afraid. Research seems to be that would have started around 1.050. Target is 1.014.

Current OG, 1.030

Temp roughly 18deg C.

2 weeks ferment so far.

Not sure what the yeast type with the kit was. The packaging I kept doesn't give anything away.

Yeah try a bit of heat..but don't cook it! Thrash it up too. As for yeast I'd bung a Wilko gervin in it.

Would that be the English Ale one? Seems a sensible suggestion. Thank you

Turns out the reading was fine, it was me that was reading the hydrometer wrong.

Supplementary question, what are the dangers to the brew now I've added heat to it for around 24 hours?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back