Yeast

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Daz29 keep your dry yeast in the fridge, and especially freezer and it'll last for ages. If you ever need to do smaller batches you can seal up yeast packets with an iron. Same with hop bags.

@Daz29 keep your dry yeast in the fridge, and especially freezer and it'll last for ages. If you ever need to do smaller batches you can seal up yeast packets with an iron. Same with hop bags.
That’s good to know thanks for that

I think you need to leave it alone for another day before you consider doing anything else. I've had the occasional yeast that has taken 3 days to show any visible sign of fermentation, and every time you open the lid to mess about with it you're increasing contamination risk. I pitch the yeast, close the lid, and don't even think about reopening it for at least a week and I have never had a brew which didn't ferment.
My beer started to ferment this morning 👍🏻

My beer started to ferment this morning
tumblr_nzbohfbgot1umn0yeo1_400.gif

Hi sorry to message
Last week I made a witbier on Sunday never started fermenting till Tuesday morning don’t know if you remember?
Anyway it’s finished fermenting under a week took a gravity reading should be 1.011 but I got 1.006 would you leave it 2 days and take reading again if it’s the same bottle

You don't need to apologise for asking a question, that's the point of a forum.

Normally I would recommend giving a beer a couple of weeks in the fermenter but wheat beers are often a bit quicker. If you're sure that the gravity is stable then go ahead and bottle it. Don't worry too much about the FG being lower than expected.

You don't need to apologise for asking a question, that's the point of a forum.

Normally I would recommend giving a beer a couple of weeks in the fermenter but wheat beers are often a bit quicker. If you're sure that the gravity is stable then go ahead and bottle it. Don't worry too much about the FG being lower than expected.
Ok thanks for your help much appreciated

Latest posts

Back