Yet another new BIAB bag...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdeDunn

Reaction score
So, thanks to my darling wife (said both sarcastically, and genuinely), I now have yet another new BIAB bag... lol

Sarcastically, because she ruined one of my old bags (the one I got off AlliExpress luckily...). She forgot she still had it after my last brew day (she took it with spent grain in it, to dry the grain then use it for dog biscuits), and left it in a sealed up bucket, all nice and wet... So very very very mouldy stinky BIAB bag discovered yesterday by my wife.... In the bin it went. lol

So, she sent me off to my PC to order myself a replacement bag (I like to keep 2 around, that way I have one for mashing, and one for the boil hops). I went for an original type Richies Mashing and Sparging bag this time. It's a VERY tight fit on my boiler, but from my perspective I reckon this is a good thing. Loving the coarser bottom mesh, should give me a really good flow using my pump, might be able to really open it up now. Down side, cloudier wort maybe, or maybe the increased re-circ will get more vorlauf action going... Who knows?

My boiler is a 33 litre stockpot from BrewBuilder for anybody wondering. As I mentioned, it JUST fits, and would be too short if it wasn't for the false bottom. As it is though, it's a perfect fit.

IMG_20190322_110628.jpg
IMG_20190322_110644.jpg
Here's the pic most useful, as it shows the different mesh sizes really clearly.
IMG_20190322_110652.jpg

I think some of the other chaps on here use this bag too? Not bad for around £11 (probably available cheaper from somewhere else, but with more expensive shipping as I only paid £2.49 P&P).

Looking forward to using this on a brew day now.

Back