Yet another noobie

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GREBO75

Reaction score
Hi. I've just joined you guys, having gotten into wine making last year when my damson tree went mad and I couldn't get rid of all the damsons, despite giving load and loads away.

Have now made 2 gallons of the damson wine, one is really really nice already and only 2 bottles left. Other is kinda harsh and has been hidden away till it matures a bit. Also got a few others on the go like crab apple and blackberry (almost ready for drinking), elderberry and raison (harsh as hell), carrot and wheat still bubbling away in secondary.

My only regret is that I only got into wine making 4 years after my dad passed away. Years ago he used to make loads of wine out of virtually very kind of plant and fruit he could find and won several prizes for some of the better ones (I won't mention the worst ones, lol). Would've been great to have been able to pick his brain on this.

Looks like my brother is also going to get into it as he have a vine that is producing very well, so we'll keep up the family tradition :D

Latest posts

Back