Yoo from Liverpool

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kvothe

Reaction score
Hey guys,

been toying with the idea of brewing for quite a while now. Went to Garage Brewery and Bier Cab in Barcelona and it's pushed me over the edge, I don't just want to do it, I NEED to do it!

Been watching youtube videos constantly for the past few weeks, some great UK and international brewers on there that have helped me gain an understanding of what's going on. I guess now the saving up begins...don't know if I'm planning too much but I hope to make a 3 pot all grain electric setup. All going to plan it should be going into the garage but we'll see how that develops..I'll be scouring the board looking for Electric build diaries and brews in the hope I can actually get the ball rolling! If you have any links that you think would be useful to me please post them over, otherwise...Hello! I look forward to spending time here :thumb:

Welcome...
Have a look on tube at
'The Old Farts Brewery'
Genial chap who's built an AG set up from scratch

Welcome to the forum.

Are you wanting to make a 3V electric set up and nothing else will do or would you like to dive in straight away with the minimum of equipment just to have a go in the meanwhile until you've got your electric build?

Have a look here if your more inclined to the latter rather than the former

http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=51779

Welcome...
Have a look on tube at
'The Old Farts Brewery'
Genial chap who's built an AG set up from scratch

Yeah I watch The Old Fart :) great videos, I started with kits but soon moved onto BIAB as funds were low and wanted to brew from scratch. In my opinion its a great way to get into the hobby on a budget. I've now moved onto a GrainFather and couldn't be happier. On my website recently created I go over how i BIAB.
Good luck with the build and your future brews :)

Jay

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the kind welcome and helpful replies!

Welcome to the forum.

Are you wanting to make a 3V electric set up and nothing else will do or would you like to dive in straight away with the minimum of equipment just to have a go in the meanwhile until you've got your electric build?

Have a look here if your more inclined to the latter rather than the former

http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=51779

I'm unsure as yet, I'm tempted to go all in just because doing it on the hob isn't really an option, new kitchen etc...I don't want WW3.

I've been watching a lot of the NewToHomeBrew Tom YouTube videos and they're really helpful, it's just a shame about the availability of kegs and the justified protection over them. Been looking at possibly buying refurbished kegs from a licensed distributor but as with everything the costs start to escalate pretty quickly when you're looking at 3 kegs at £70-£90 each.

Latest posts

Back