You couldn't make it up.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Its been leathering it down all day up here i woulnt fancy going on the motorway with string operating the wipers.

Pigs in blankets anyone. ;)

North West Motorway Police
@NWmwaypolice

Vehicle drove passed us on the M62 After seeing what appeared to be a leg stuck up in the back window we stopped it to find 2 full dead pigs that had just been purchased!

Driver had no driving license & his wipers were being worked by string by the passenger!

1607446958838.png
1607447002671.png
1607446971856.png

I was once a member of a well known first aid charity and we had an ambulance there whose accelerator was operated by a piece of string, there was a little hook to hook it round to maintain a constant speed!

Another ambulance had a blue flashing light but the blue cover had fallen off

They went to buy two pigs and ended up with more pigs than they wanted. ;)

Only joking folks.
Why were the police called pigs - It became frequently used again during the 1960s and 1970s in the underground and anti-establishment culture. The adult cartoon Fritz The Cat (1972) portrayed the police as pigs, adding to the popularity of the term. Now prevalent in many English-speaking countries.

Last edited:
Reminds me of old landrovers - the wipers were operated by a little lever at the top of the windscreen that you moved by hand. How you did that while changing gear while steering round a bend I don't know. Maybe you needed a passenger with a length of string.

A mate of mine had a heavily customised ford pop back in the day and he had those to operate the wipers.
The one below wasn't his but its very close and his had two wipers.

1607451834099.png

1607451982957.png

Who has a freezer big enough to stick a couple of pigs in? They are not exactly small even when butchered. My freezer is rammed full just buying a few things from Asda.

Who has a freezer big enough to stick a couple of pigs in? They are not exactly small even when butchered. My freezer is rammed full just buying a few things from Asda.

As they are in the back of an unfefrigerated car I assume they were going to butcher them as soon as they got them home, I wonder where they sell the meat now the pubs are all but closed.

I think I'll stick to getting my meat from the supermarket 😁

Another you couldn't make it up story.

A man had to be stretchered off Dove Crag by Patterdale Mountain Rescue Team on Christmas morning.
He had suffered injuries related to the cold, after camping overnight. aheadbutt

1608988014719.png

Vehicle reported on the M6 in Staffordshire travelling Northbound as weaving lane to lane and only travelling on 3 wheels
@CMPG
patrol got behind vehicle at junction 16 with assisting of Cheshire RCU patrols veh stopped junction 18 driver detained after giving a reading of 65

1608990023844.png

I haven't been on a bike for several years but seem to remember a product we used back then it wasn't RainX but it was similar.

Back