You couldn't make it up.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1632058386808.png

The Indy reports that Tim Martin's Wetherspoons is having supply difficulties. Now some might think this is An Ankoù indulging in a bit ot schadenfraude. Not at all. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. The "You Couldn't Make It Up" bit is where the erudites at The Independent actually refer to Carling, Coors and Bud Light as BEER!!! :laugh8::laugh8::laugh8::laugh8:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/beer-shortage-brexit-covid-wetherspoons-b1912347.html
If you believe that the shortage of those drinks is due to Brexit then it should go on the positive only brexit thread wink.... Note my use of the word drinks, although if they're drinkable thats another matter.

I dislike the man totally but you are wrong about the drink. Here in Brixham he supports local breweries who make excellent beer. He probably rips them off though.

In these days of too much carbon dioxide, there's summat on the news about gas supplies and industry shutdowns, and they're moaning about not enough carbon dioxide. Climate nuts - you've all been 'had'. I think it's hilarious.
What's your take on it all Gunge? Things aren't getting colder or warmer, we're just passing through the temperature cycle of the planet as normal? What made you think it might be a load of *****?

In these days of too much carbon dioxide, there's summat on the news about gas supplies and industry shutdowns, and they're moaning about not enough carbon dioxide. Climate nuts - you've all been 'had'. I think it's hilarious.
What a complete load of tripe.

What's your take on it all Gunge? Things aren't getting colder or warmer, we're just passing through the temperature cycle of the planet as normal? What made you think it might be a load of *****?
The planet is going the motions, as always. The load of **** is the fraud that our carbon dioxide is influencing matters, for better or worse ( it's always worse, get a clue ). But no more of that - don't want this thread to become entrenched in something akin to debating the existence of Santa.

Earth will most likely be engulfed by the Sun, in about 7.59 billion years. So I agree with the premise the earth is going to get unsustainably warmer.

until then I believe Milankovitch cycles to be a good a theory as anything

The planet is going the motions, as always. The load of **** is the fraud that our carbon dioxide is influencing matters, for better or worse ( it's always worse, get a clue ). But no more of that - don't want this thread to become entrenched in something akin to debating the existence of Santa.
Well,I'll clear up the Santa bit...its true.
Any nay sayers will be banned.🔓
🎅🎅🎅🎅🎅

The bottom line is not an endless "yes" or "no" debate over global warming; the discussion becomes immaterial and even an obfuscation since there is a basic principle that supersedes the question and renders it moot.
That principle is basic and simple: we have a physical, finite resource that needs to be taken care of to the best of our ability. Do we do our best to take care of it or not?
We take care of it to the best of our ability because it is the right thing to do for countless reasons.

Driving home along the A6 the other afternoon there was someone in full beekeepers gear, including gloves and veiled hood, herding a small flock of turkeys into a field!
I know we have some odd characters round here ..... but !

Last edited:
Using a knife is so grisly, there has to be fewer people willing to commit murder in that manner as opposed to if guns were legal there.
That's some serious logic I'm using there and trying to put a positive spin on a horrible reality.

I agree Chippy and Dave once the dark deed is done there is no going back.
Shotguns Which are classed at a lower rating than airguns (which are banned in some parts of the UK )
(shotgun cerrtificate V firearms.) can cause far more horrific injurys than a single bullet,Asuming one survives.

The law needs sorting out in this regard.
In no way can the damage an airgun causes be compared to what a shotgun can do,Its a nightmare for surgury to remove hundreds of pellets..

Last edited:
600,000 people owned a shotgun back in 2010, as the saying goes its not the gun that kills its the person using it.

Last edited:
Owen Paterson RESIGNS as MP to 'leave cruel world of politics'

Oh isn't life harsh for a poor hard-working boy who thinks of nothing other than how he can serve the public. My heart bleeds.
https://www.theguardian.com/politic...on-resigns-as-mp-after-standards-watchdog-row
Why are we so ungrateful, to our selfless, hardworking scum, cons, wangkers politicians (knew I'd get there sooner or later). There'll have to be a bye-election then. I hope Lord Such and his merry men are fielding a candidate. A massive improvement if they won.

Latest posts

Back