You couldn't make it up.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1646573167457.png

I was watching the BBC News when a feature came on about Heineken, the World’s second largest brewer, ceasing operations in Russia.

At the end of the article my better half said who is the World’s largest brewer.

I replied I don’t know for certain, but I would guess it’s a toss up between Budweiser, Molson Coors or even Tsingtao.

She said I’ll Google it.

A few minutes later she said, who’s this Chippy Tea?

After which she said, You couldn’t make it up, could you.

Central Motorway Police Group
Vehicle stopped after being seen driving along the M5.
It’s a miracle this didn’t fall off causing injury to anyone and a danger to other road users.
Driver reported - Vehicle prohibited

1647194541246.png

It’s a miracle this didn’t fall off causing injury to anyone and a danger to other road users.

View attachment 64677
Ain't no cure for stupid. I gave a bloke a ticket the other day for driving with a dog sitting on his lap!

View attachment 64677
If that came off it really would be a shed load ! :laugh8:

I’ve followed a young couple along the M62 who were driving a VW Polo at 25mph. It looked like they had just come from IKEA Warrington branch, as they each had one arm out of the window holding a double mattress on the roof of the car.

Similarly I once followed a Ford Ka on the M56 with a steel caged one cubic meter Intermediate Bulk Contain strapped to a pallet on the roof rack. It was nearly as big as the Ka.

One of these

A5C6633B-3DBB-477D-AB08-30B1B1F559EE.jpeg

Imagine the stink that would be kicked up if they did this today.

Any F1 fans know what it was about?

Last edited:
Imagine the stink that would be kicked up if they did this today.
Any F1 fans know what it was about?
1986 Mexican Grand Prix.
Johansson and Arnoux failed to finish and hitched a ride with Phillipe Alloit's Ligier, which promptly ran out of fuel. So Piquet stopped and they managed to get four drivers on a single F1 car. Suspect that given the expensive bodywork packages these days, drivers would get a right bollocking for this now. Or more likely from the FIA on 'safety grounds'.
Just shows the respect and comradeship those guys really have with each other.

Last edited by a moderator:
1986 Mexican Grand Prix.
Johansson and Arnoux failed to finish and hitched a ride with Phillipe Alloit's Ligier, which promptly ran out of fuel. So Piquet stopped and they managed to get four drivers on a single F1 car. Suspect that given the expensive bodywork packages these days, drivers would get a right bollocking for this now. Or more likely from the FIA on 'safety grounds'.
Just shows the respect and comradeship those guys really have with each other.
Strangely I'm getting a lot of 'Video unavailable or no rights to view' messages, including this one that I answered to that @Chippy_Tea had posted.
So I thought I would add it back.

Back