You know you have gone to far when ...?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Litmus

Reaction score
So, I thought it would be fun to poke fun at our selves. If you homebrew long enough at some point, you're going to have an idea as good as it seems when you get round to it you realise you may have overdone it! :)

After reading about the benefits of a good starter, it seemed like a no-brainer given the cost of yeast to make an investment in a few flasks etc. you make that process simple. However, I may have gone a little too far!
Now here comes the justification, I wanted to make starters and then store them and do so in a way to end up transferring as little liquid and trub from the starter process to the fermentor. This (in the picture) is what I came up with and have as of yet never used.

IMG_4948.JPG

It wasn't expensive also not cheap, but I am kicking myself because the reason it never been used (ignoring the fact I haven't made a stand for it yet) is that it's on reflection it would add complexity and fall into the category of diminishing returns. So, if you're new to homebrewing try to avoid these traps.

Would be great to hear other people, "You know you've gone too far moments?"

thanks

Latest posts

Back