You near Mansfield Notts Today? Read on!

Discussion in 'The Snug' started by Dutto, Jul 10, 2016.

Help Support The Homebrew Forum UK by donating using the link above.
  1. Jul 10, 2016 #1

Dutto

Dutto

Dutto

Dutto Supporting Member

Hiya,

Today is Well Dressing Day at St. Michael's Church, Pleasley, Nr. Mansfield, Notts.

http://www.welldressing.com/venue.php?id=102

The Blessing of the Well is scheduled for 3pm and afterwards you can take refreshments in the church and look in wonder at the work involved. This is last year's effort ...

http://www.welldressing.com/photo.php?year=2015&id=102

If you've never seen a Well Dressing then you are in for a treat ... :thumb: :thumb:

... and as an added bonus, you can touch the font in which I was Christened over 70 years ago. :whistle: :whistle:

The font stands outside the front entrance to St Michaels Church so you will have to ask why it's there and not inside! All I can say is that it has nothing to do with me. :nono: :nono:

See you there at 3pm? I'll be the old man in the floppy hat so come over and say "Hello!" :thumb: :thumb:

2. Jul 11, 2016 #2

Dutto

Dutto

Dutto

Dutto Supporting Member

You all missed a great day!

Here's SWMBO stood alongside the main plaque ...

... which is made by pressing petals, grains of wheat, berries, small pebbles, string, leaves, grass etc etc into a bed of soft clay.

It takes hundreds of hours of work and is a real "Labour of Love" that only survives for four or five days!

If you've never seen a Well Dressing it's well worth a visit to one if only to admire the workmanship. :thumb: :thumb:

Well Dressing.jpg

Pirate_Pete, Chippy_Tea and celsius like this.