Young Newbie from the midlands!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coca cola is well along the way, should be bottling it mid-week :) my brothers pineapple and blueberry 'ciders' have exploded (quite literally) their way through fermentation in just 5 days! We'll bottle them tomorrow, we'll be using my brothers fancy new capping machine (he has too much money).

I racked my Blueberry & Orange Wurzel earlier, put crushed CT and half a teaspoon of potassium sorbate in. Then degassed for 30 mins, added finings (the Youngs two part type) and it dropped clear in practically 30 mins, its made a massive sediment. I'll leave it for a few more days and then bottle :D quick question, should I put a CT in the wine when bottling?

No need to add a CT when going into indivual bottles - just give your bottles a good clean and make sure they are sterile :thumb:

Okey dokey. I've been using Morrisons 'Trust' sterilising fluid. It's a lot cheaper and easier to use than the sterilising powder I got from my LHBS.

I had a look at my Wurzel this morning and it's dropped even clearer, quite amazing really! :D

Welcome to the forum biggles22, Must admit i'm intrested in your Cola. :thumb:
Let me know how it goes,Taste etc and a little advice on what you used.
I recently did a Cheeky Vee of which was a most popular drink. I was looking into doing a blueberry and cranberry drink and also a topical fruit style one, aswell as another batch of cheeky Vee :cheers: :party: Gonna be busy :hmm:

The coca cola is going well Arthurbear :) it's still bubbling away, albeit quite slowly now, I'll take a hydro reading later to see where it's up to. It smells quite like cheap flat coke, tasting will have to wait though!

I bottled my wurzel today, a cheeky sample says it tastes very nice! The orange and blueberry flavours aren't too overpowering, which is good :)

My brother and I bottled his pineapple and blueberry 'ciders' yesterday. I'm not so keen on the taste of either of them but I'll hold judgement until I have to sit and drink more than a shot glass worth. I've still got my alcoholic lemonade and Ginger beer to taste too, so a tasting night is due soon :D :drunk: :hmm: :drink:

Been away for a short holiday this weekend, got back and got round to bottling my coca-cola, the taste is interesting, flat coke at the beginning leading to a malty beer like finish, quite different to coca cola flavour really!

My brother and I just bottled his 30 litres of cheeky vimto, it came out at 6.5%, tastes very vimto-ey, I'm looking forward to trying it carbonated :-) He also began an alcoholic Morrisons Source (energy drink) a few days ago, that's going to be interesting :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: i'll get back to you all when i taste that. Whilst i was away he started a cherry coca-cola too, although he added no sugar so it'll be slightly less alcoholic.

Results day in Thursday, not too worried, I'm more excited about finding out what accommodation I'm in! I'll have to get a brewing frenzy on in the next month to stock up on alcohol before i go, not sure how long it'll take for me to start brewing when i get there or if the uni will make it an issue if they find out, i hope not.

Latest posts

Back