Youngs APA.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tommo 2

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi guys just a quick one , after seeing some great reviews on this brew thought I would give it a go, so I made the kit up last night, put the yeast on about nine o'clock and this morning it's trying to crawl out of the fermenter 😂😂 all good, but when l saw the bag of priming Suger I weighed it and was a little surprised that it was 138 grams brewing Suger , comes out about 2.4 volumes , not overly fond of gassy beer , my question is do I need to use all of it or have any of you guys got experience with this brew, maybe it's all good and I am being over cautious but just wondered if I used 100 grams it would be OK , would appreciate any advice given, also on the priming Suger bag it says brewing Suger, is that why there's so much? Cheers in advance fellas 🍻🍻👍

Feel free to put more or less in as suits your taste - if you are happy with a less sparkling beer then 100g will still give it some life.

Personally I'd use it all, but I like sparkling beer and also I drink slowly and like some life at the end of my glass.

But it's your beer, so make it the way you will enjoy, sure it will turn out OK ;)

You'll get a great carb and a big fluffy head...bung it in! I done that kit a few times...you'll love it...but...you must give it time to finish...it could take 3+ weeks to hit fg.

Thanks chaps, think I will take your advice and chuck it all in, did you guys just chuck the dry hops in, or bag them up first, I usually use hop sock weighted down with a glass ball, sterilised of course, but a lot of Brewers on this forum reacon you get better aroma's by just bunging them in on there own.And yes Clint have heard from someone else this brew can take awhile to finish so instead of my normal 2-2-2 will definitely be doing a 3-3-2 on this one, hope it's as good as everyone says it is really looking forward to this one . Cheers chap and hoppy brewing 🍻🍻👍

I just chuck them in go used to use a spider or weighted bags, but so many times I found 'dry' hops when clearing up, so it hadn't had a chance to work its magic as it never touched the beer! Now I just throw it in, and attempt to transfer as little as I can when kegging. I'm lucky I have a keezer so I can do a good cold crash which seems to pull most of the bits out. I don't use any kind of finings and have pretty clear beer.

I've got 12 bottles of this left and really enjoyed it throughout the summer. Nice head on it.

I just threw the hops in and transferred to another bucket for bottling so most of the hops were left behind.

I've got 12 bottles of this left and really enjoyed it throughout the summer. Nice head on it.

I just threw the hops in and transferred to another bucket for bottling so most of the hops were left behind.
I used to transfer for bottling, but people here made me afraid of the risk of infecting the beer, so now I just use one bucket all the way fron start to finish.

Latest posts

Back