Youngs Auto Syphon

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris_newton

Reaction score
Hi all

I have just purchased the above gadget for both my wine and lager, i have tried out both just with water and my question is do you have to keep pumping all the time to get it to come through? i thought you would just have to pump or twice and it would start it coming through like it does when you suck. The only way i can get them to work it by constanly pumping till its all transferred.

Anyone got one of these??

Thanks

Chris

I've got one!

Place the liqud you want to transfer on a worksurface/worktop and the container your transfering to on the floor, one or two pumps and it transfers! I did have trouble with mine at first not having enough height between the two vessels i was tranfering from/to!

Thanks mate, also i bought some syphone tube but it does not appear to fit in the end of the device, how did you get round this?

chris_newton said:
Thanks mate, also i bought some syphone tube but it does not appear to fit in the end of the device, how did you get round this?

If you put the end of the tube in boiling water it should soften it up enough.

776ae34d.jpg

I struggled with mine at first! as DS says dip in boiling water then its more plyable!

just so i get it right do u mean dip the end of the device in boiling water or the syphon tube??

thanks did it !! phew, just noticed that the wine one does not fit in all my demijohns...still never mind !!

god one more silly question.... i stupidly cut the syphon tube in half that comes with it, cause i thought it would be too long and it turns out its now too short !Doh!

Anyways how do i attach another piece of tube to the one i eventually got on the end of the device? i have a smaller tube that fits in but i am scared it will come gushing out when it gets to that bit of the tube as its a bit smaller

Chris

Latest posts

Back