youngs blackvherry kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well i ended up going to wilko's, and although i bought more strawberry wine kits! (am running out of the wine fast....lovely), i also bought a blackcherry kit, smelt great when i opened the tin.
Fermenting now in its fourth day, bubbling like crazy...didn't do a hydrometer test initially, i never really use them!! :D
I tend to let the wine run it's course...will advise as to how final taste is on this wine, its a deep red at the moment!!

Sounds good F. if the quality of the fruit used in the kit is any good then it should make a nice wine. If you've had success with other youngs fruit wine kits then it bodes well.

As for using a hydrometer, i only just started using one myself recently. I had always got good results from following recipes and didn't need one. i've started being a bit more experimental now, and also keeping proper notes, so i have a use for it. For example If i used one when i made the half gallon of blackberry & orange wine then it would have ended up being normal strength rather than a bit weak.

Have put the clearing agent in the wine..smells good...looking forward to tasting this one...will probably taste on friday and post whether or not its as good as the strawberry i did!! :thumb:

bottled today, a pleasant 12%, beautiful clear rose colour, and a nice warmth as it goes down....bloody lovely to be honest, think its best served at room temp as the strawberry wine was!!
Highly recommended

nice one Falafael

good to know about this one if i miss the blackberries this year. blackberry is a very nice wine and one i'll be looking to make every year i reckon.

yes percival, its a good one, i'm going to be making all of the wines in the youngs range now, but obviously i will be making wine from 'proper' ingredients!!! once summer is here of course!!
Am starting to make sure i have all the right tools and ingredients ready...need my collection of wine to grow so i dont keep drinking it and not giving it chance to age! :D

Got a 25kg sack of farmer in street other day for a £5, so looking at potato wine...need a muslim bag though at moment!!.....

Back