Youngs red wine kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kybren

Reaction score
I have been gifted a youngs red wine kit, all I need to add is sugar. Has anyone used this before? Not sure if I could add anything to help the taste or if its ok as is? Iv never used a wine kit before.
Thanks

It will be fine .Just go with the instructions .Im assuming its a winebuddy kit and they are quite drinkable .The longer you leave it after bottling the nicer they become :)

Yh I think it is. Cheers ill probably give it a go next weekend now, as I tried something else as I didn't have enough sugar at home for the kit.

How did you get on with your kit. I did a 30 bottle Youngs Merlot kit recently. 10 bottles seem to have gone already 😂

My Merlot turned out more like a dark rose, but still very pleasant.

Getting a good red wine from a kit is a bit of a challenge and its usually a case of the more you pay the better (full bodied darker red) the end result it.

We like the Range Store Make Your Own Red Wine but its not what you would consider a decent red wine more like a dark rose which suits us, full review - The Range Store - Make Your Own Red Wine Kit.

Have a look at this kit review thread - Wine and Cider Kit Reviews A - Z

How did you get on with your kit. I did a 30 bottle Youngs Merlot kit recently. 10 bottles seem to have gone already 😂

I kept prioritising different brews. It's been in the bucket a week now I'm just about to go check the gravity. Hopefully I'll be able to not drink it all before Christmas which was my plan for it all

Latest posts

Back