Young's Seafood is recalling its frozen fish cakes.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Young's Seafood is recalling its frozen fish cakes after some products contained small pieces of plastic and metal.

The Food Standards Agency said the company's Chip Shop Fish Cakes product is "unsafe to eat".

The recall only applies to packs of six fish cakes sold in Farmfoods and Heron Foods.

Young's, which is based in Grimsby in North East Lincolnshire, apologised to retailers and customers.

It said the packs being recalled were made from a batch where "a small number of fish cakes" were contaminated with small pieces of hard plastic and potentially small pieces of metal.

Announcing the recall on Thursday, the independent food safety watchdog told customers: "If you have bought any of the above product do not eat it.

"Instead, return it to the store from where it was bought for a full refund."

The recall only applies to boxes of fish cakes with a best before date of January or February 2019 and the batch codes: AAL 7209K, AAL 7209L, AAK 7222J and AAL 7222K.

The codes can be found under the best before date on the side of the boxes.

Frozen foods manufacturer Young's began in 1805 as a whitebait business, and credits itself with the invention of scampi in 1946.

The company said: "We take all issues regarding the production of our food extremely seriously."

Meanwhile, Morrisons supermarket has said it is recalling its Italian Penne Bolognese Bake ready meal because it contains celery, an ingredient not included on the label.

The FSA said the undeclared celery was a "possible health risk" for anyone with an allergy or intolerance.

All 400g ready meals which have best before dates of between 18 and 23 February are being recalled.

Morrisons apologised for the inconvenience.

BBC News.

Hi!
When I saw the thread title, I thought, "Someone's found a particle of fish in one of the fishcakes."

Lol! Reminded me of packets of peanuts which have the word 'peanuts' all over the packaging, including the warning which gravely states 'this product may contain peanuts'. I mean, c'mon! This is why society is f*****.

Lol! Reminded me of packets of peanuts which have the word 'peanuts' all over the packaging, including the warning which gravely states 'this product may contain peanuts'. I mean, c'mon! This is why society is f*****.

You say that, in the bar I used to work at, a man came in, ordered his drink, was given a dish of peanut crackers to go with it. ate the lot. told us he had a peanut allergy and to call an ambulance. Luckily there was witnesses that the bar staff told him they were peanut crackers when he was given them otherwise, law suit.... That's why society is F*****! :)

Latest posts

Back