Your Best DIY Equipment?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I broke one of the seals off my grain father. So i made this to take out the top grain basket filter lid thing. I call it a grainhat. Its made out of titanium. Why wouldnt it be? It works a treat when your mashing!! Oh i love over engineering!!!
HI mate, do you have the dimensions please, I will get one made up if I can get those. Alternatively is this something you can supply?

Equipment: Grainfather Connect 220v Bluetooth modded with cam locks and robobrew bottom filter disc, Grainfather Sparge Kettle with added metal tap through to tube and copper sparge ring via tube connector , 2 Plastic Carboys and FastFermenter and 25l Fermzilla with pressure kit. 19l keg with co2 canister and sodastream connections and type a connector and mini bulb connector . Magnetic stirrer with 3l and 250 ml flasks, 3l for yeast starter, 250ml for Irish moss prep, co2 bottle
Water supply: through garage wall to hose and tap installed, for cleaning and cooler not water for beer. Connected to out side tap via expander hose on brew day, Brew water via ro and added profile chemicals depending on brew
Ferment fridge: 2* larder fridges.. Plastic 21L carboy and 25L wide opening carboy and two 5 litres demijohns in in one, Fastfermenter with stand in other, Fermzilla in another
Drain: waste pipe out of horse trough with sink plug that I installed with runs through 1 1/2 inch white waste pipe out to front to garage door onto driveway, There is small incline out of garage which helps. I can uninstall waste pipe when not brewing so only connected on brew days
Planning: Tower set up for the Grainfather, cooler and sparge kettle to save space. Under counter kegerator

Drinking:Bottles Conditioning:Racked Secondary:Fermenting:Planning:Next brew Day:
Smooth Oatmeal Stout
Belgian Abbey Single (for inter club competition, representing Anglia Craft Brewers)
Raspberry and Cranberry Turbo CiderSpring Beer
SMASH Cascade
Short and Shoddy Mild
mk II
DoppleBock to lay down for a year
tbc
That's a pretty amazing signature, longer than many posts

I can adjust the height of my recirc arm and use it for sparging. I have various lengths of stainless steel tubing and use push-fit connectors. The Coobra's pump can draw from the sparge heater.
1593852819824.png

Latest posts

Back