your dme is in the post

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hmm,

£150+ of supplies ordered for my next 3-4 brews.

17 x 500g bags of muntons dme ordered amongst other things.

2 bags split :mad: a sticky cleanup operation took 30 mins I'll never get back. Have any of you had problems with muntons extract not being delivered in one piece?

Its happened with different suppliers and different couriers although only once with DPD but 3 times with Parcelforce. I have suggested to the supplier of my last order to seal them in plastic bags they use for their grain to give them extra protection :pray:

I had a delivery from Brewsmarter that was very tightly packed, no bubblewrap and it split two of my Betterbrew pouches. As I had stock I didn't open the box straight away, as you say, I'm never getting back the time spent cleaning that up.

I had a delivery from Brewsmarter that was very tightly packed, no bubblewrap and it split two of my Betterbrew pouches. As I had stock I didn't open the box straight away, as you say, I'm never getting back the time spent cleaning that up.

replacement pack in the post and they confirmed they do normally bag dme dme because they can arrive from muntons burst! - I've emailed muntons about it. it's a shame really when you have to clean the delivery up takes all the fun out of unpacking!

replacement pack in the post and they confirmed they do normally bag dme dme because they can arrive from muntons burst! - I've emailed muntons about it. it's a shame really when you have to clean the delivery up takes all the fun out of unpacking!

Nice one dad, fair play to them. There's something I love about getting a package, I get package envy when the rest of the family have things delivered.

I had a bag of DME burst in transit, only a little had spilled out thankfully, but it really is the messiest, stickiest substance on earth, makes a hideous mess of everything it touches and I hate using it!

Nice one dad, fair play to them. There's something I love about getting a package, I get package envy when the rest of the family have things delivered.

Lol me too - I play with a parcel for ages before opening it up, then lose interest when I do. Just took me a good half hour to open the jiffy bag containing 10 packs of CML yeast which arrived earlier....

Latest posts

Back