Your experience with PET Pressure Fermenters - Open Discussion - feedback invited

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brilliant kit. Really adds value. I also have keg bucket blaster which means cleaning my fermzilla with little effort from me and less mess and no scratching. Also same for kegs

I won't be using Lallemand Voss in mine ever again I know that!! Stuff sticks to the PET like super glue, especially at krausen height. Took soaking in PBW then VWP to get it all off, and was still difficult as you can't get your arm in there to give it a good rub. So note to self, avoid yeasts that like to stick to the PET too much, as it makes cleaning afterwards a right PITA... Use my Speidel for those, with it's wide neck and anti stick plastic... lol
You might like what is coming next year with stainless steel and wide neck ......

"stainless steel and wide neck ......"
Ok, I'm in, I love my 2x 1st gen fermentasaurus and have already replaced one tank due to age, a pressure fermenter from stainless is really where I want to go next, stainless is better than pet in many ways but having to give up O2 free beer and pressure fermenter easy transfer to keg would be a backwards step so I am not sure I want to upgrade unless it was to something significantly better, most stainless tanks aren't that. The fermzilla are great but having to rebuy all the parts I already own has never felt worth it unless it's to a stainless or hugely better system!
Please do a stainless fermzilla and if you need a Beta tester, I can help...

Back