Your favourite hop?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My own question and I struggle to find an answer!

In the end I decided on Citra, it’s such a clean taste and such a distinctive aroma. I don’t think I’ve ever made a beer using Citra hops that hasn’t been great. On the other hand it has been so popular it’s becoming a bit routine so up to you now to give me my next revelation - tempt me! ;)

Challenger, EKG, target for bittering, equnuat but go easy, citra but it gets boring, Tetnang to name afew, just ordered some fuggles never tried them before
Fuggles are massively underestimated, but you're not going to make an AIPA out of them. But you could make a Pilsner if you were cheeky enough!

It's a good question, galaxy is amazing in a pale ale, but saaz is beautiful in a more subtle way in the right beer.

Challenger for traditional english, love citra as well for golden ales/IPAs(Jarl is probably my favourite beer of the last ten years) Also still like cascade and centennial. My homegrown hallertau mittelfruh are lovely as well in a different way

Challenger for traditional english, love citra as well for golden ales/IPAs(Jarl is probably my favourite beer of the last ten years) Also still like cascade and centennial. My homegrown hallertau mittelfruh are lovely as well in a different way

All classics. Yay for the Citra! He! He!

You can’t put Citra down, even if this over-used. Admit it y’all!

Back