Your favourite radio station.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexbrown

Reaction score
I am always flicking between different stations in my car trying to find a station actually playing music rather than a constant stream of adverts or talking. On my presets are Radio 1, Radio X, Capital, KISS, Absolute and Heart. BTW, to find some new channels I use As for my musical tastes - basically I like Beatles rock / guitar bands such as progressive rock, country rock, bluesy rock, psychedelia, and what we used to call heavy rock (but excluding thrash metal). I like to hear a wide variety rather than listening to the same songs regularly repeated.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love radio and switch between;

Radio 4, Radio 4 Extra, Radio 5 Live, Radio 5 Live Extra, Radio 6 Music, Absolute, LBC and BBC Radio Cambridgeshire (mainly for sport). I'll also listen to Solar Radio online, if I'm in the mood for some soul/funk/jazz.

I hardly ever listen to the radio, prefer to stream/download from Apple Music.

I will occasionally listen to 5Live, TalkSPORT or 6Music. The first 2 usually abou once a week and the latter every few months.

Gold is my favourite, though these days I stream most stuff with Spotify.

Mark

Radio 4 and radio 4 extra. If i want to listen to music i will either listen to a cd or youtube so i can listen to exactly what i like, I cant be doing with djs adverts and modern music :D

Greatest Hits Radio for formally Magic 828, 70's 80's and 90's

Used to pick up arrow rock (Dutch radio) when I was back on the east coast. But has to be planet rock now

RadioX for me.

Used to be a fan of Planet Rock, but the amount and frequency of adverts is just too much now.

RadioX for me.

Used to be a fan of Planet Rock, but the amount and frequency of adverts is just too much now.
Can't do with that Chris Moyles on a morning, all he does is talk sh£! and plays 1 record a hour just likes to hear his own voice

Can't do with that Chris Moyles on a morning, all he does is talk sh£! and plays 1 record a hour just likes to hear his own voice
Genuinely forgot he was a presenter with that station. Forgetfull kinda guy!

I tend to listen in the evenings and quite like Johnny Vaughan’s patter. But, I’m quick happy to block out the mindless chat and tune in when the music plays. Hard work someone like Chris Moyles though!

They put him on a morning at work just his subjects of conversation are non-intellectual self indulgent garbage-how can you tell I do not like him?

They put him on a morning at work just his subjects of conversation are non-intellectual self indulgent garbage-how can you tell I do not like him?
Do you not?:laugh8:

He was funny when I was about 12. Nearly 20 years later, he's still churning out the same desperate humour.

When I'm working it's 6music. Evening time/weekends, I'm using tunein.com to stream. Favourite stations (depending on mood/time of day) include FIP (French, eclectic); Worldwide FM (UK based jazzy/Giles Peterson-y); WWOZ (New Orleans Jazz/folky); Radio Dismuke (old timey stuff); Power 106 (US based hiphop).
To be honest though, if there's football on, it'll likely be 5live or Radio Merseyside

Last edited:
Listened to xfm (primarily breakfast show) since the station started. Once it became radio x that was the beginning of the end for me. In particular cant stand Moyles. Pretty much the only thing I listen to now is Elis and John on 5 live on Friday afternoons.

Back