Your 'go to' wine kit?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitsu monkey

Reaction score
Hi there,
I was just wondering what you guys (and gals) would call your 'go to' wine kit? The one you know produces consistently good results that you brew over and over?
Cheers
Glen

Beaverdale Chateau du Roi. Their merlot is really good but I like something with a bit more tannin.

I’m still a novice really, but I’ve had great success with Beaverdale kits, I’ve got a Kenridge kit on the go now which contains more grape juice that the Beaverdale kit so I’m hoping for good things.

Also relatively new but tried a few different kits so far - Beaverdale, Young's 7 day cellar, Young's Winebuddy, KenRidge classic and more recently Wineworks Superior.

I'd echo that on the Beaverdales (only tried whites so far) - the KenRidge Cabernet I was expecting more from so I wouldn't go back to that one in a hurry esp as it's a premium on the price.

Both the Wineworks kits worked out really well (Chenin Blanc and Montecino) - nice clear wines will be going back to Lovebrewing in due course to try a Rose and a more full bodied Red.

I find all the mid rage wine kits have been good for reds. Beaverdale, California Classic and Kenridge (this ones an extra £10 on the others but you can tell). I've just ordered a Punch kit from Creative Wine that's a little cheaper so hopefully this will turn out nice and be my future go to.

Not done that many but the 2 beaverdale kits I have done (merlot and rojo tinto) are great. I have only much cheaper kits to compare to though.

How long are you leaving the Beaverdale kits to mature in the bottle?

They're OK after 3 month but the ones I've kept at 12 - 15c for a year have really improved. If you cant keep them at a steady temp you won't find much improvement, they may even depreciate.

Latest posts

Back