Your preferred glass?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've always had a preference for a tulip glass myself.

I was given a beautiful pewter tankard for 18 or 21 birthday by a strange aunt. I lost it during an all day drinking session and coach trip to watch the Rugby League Cup Final in 1981 (or 1982?). Never replaced it - it was a bit poncey.

Only rugby I remember from either trip was Kiwi winger Stuart Wright getting the ball in his own 22 and running the length to score for Widnes against Hull KR. We were right behind the goals on his end of the park and it was a try from the moment it went near him. Quick lad, Stuart.

I've got 2 Double Diamond dimple pint glasses that were bought for me when I was in Budapest working. I was taken to a bar in the city where they had it on draft and it was a lovely pint!

Unfortunatly I've had them now for about 15 years and the DD motif has worn off on both of them. Glasses still perfect though.

KG

Yep,thought so

DSC_0958.jpg

I have a couple of etched spitfire long pint glasses I borrowed from the golf club, some glass tankards and a Badger goblet. The Badger goblet being the favourite.

I was in Lidl toady and they had a small selection of glasses for sale including 4 Tulip for ���£3.99 and 4 wheatbeer glasses ( like the Erdinger above)���£4.99.
Never got any but going tomorrow for the Tulip as a cheap option, No logos, just plain glass!

Back