Your views on how the Tories have handled Coronavirus.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Complacency has a lot to answer for, should there have been more foresight after the SARS and MERS probably. But that is easy to say now we are at the stage we are at now. Personally I don't think any country was ready apart from South Korea. I am pleased with the way our government has acted as well as the state government. Victoria is larger than England with only 6 million people so should be easier to control. Fingers crossed and everyone adhering to the governments measures to keep the virus under control.

It really is a no win situation for any Government but people do not help by not following the guidance.
People hate being told what to do and as I’ve mentioned before it’s like a bloody holiday camp around my area at times.
Stricter measures will need to be put in place I fear but I’m not sure if/when this Gov will implement them.

It's not an easy situation to be in and I agree it's not really a win win situation, but for me I just wish they wouldn't lie and make completely unachievable claims in testing. They keep saying they are doing more than the facts are showing, yet continue to feed us the BS. They either believe it , or they think we are thick as mince.

It's not an easy situation to be in and I agree it's not really a win win situation, but for me I just wish they wouldn't lie and make completely unachievable claims in testing. They keep saying they are doing more than the facts are showing, yet continue to feed us the BS. They either believe it , or they think we are thick as mince.

The British public accept lying in their politicians and the politicians know it so they carry on

By and Large it is civil servants who run the country and they are bomb proof..........

Where's Boris and where's the rest of the cabinet, are they all self isolating why haven't they been a specific responsibility i.e.

Testing all NHS staff
Procurement of PPE
Building more ventilators
Defining how the Police control isolation
Funding the unemployed
Feeding the old and vulnerable
Ensuring the supply chain for food and essentials is maintained
Etc
This is what the coalition government in ww2 did but this government won't ask for help or draw on experience from elsewhere.

Most interesting links trueblue.

She sounded exactly like one of my former employees used to when trying to pull a flanker.!!!!!!

Esp, as mr. Ferrari repeatadly absolved her of any "personal" involvement

A friend sent me a text from Glasgow to say that the lack of senior politicians at the daily briefings had got her worried!

It hadn't dawned on me before but the lass is right. I suppose that the deeper they sink into the mire the less they will want to step forward to explain things to Joe Public.

Is it my imagination, or has the UK Press been asking more awkward questions lately? I suppose that we should be grateful that none of our politicians have seen fit to adopt the "Trump Method" where, at the first sign of a critical question, they accuse the person of being a "terrible reporter" who just wants to publish "fake news".

Yes noticed that as well Dutto

They are not getting the usual easy ride from there press baron buddies.

Just going by the front pages on the stands mind.

1585959292761.png

I'll throw in.

In my opinion this Boris and his cabinet failed miserably in the beginning by very shortsightedly putting wealth above health, but failing to recognise that a healthy economy relies on a healthy workforce, and in turn making everything worse.

There was a clear warning that this was coming and instead of preparing they just carried on, business as usual. The lock down situation we have now should have been implemented long before it was, protecting more people by the simple (and free in terms of treatment) act of social distancing.

Less people sick = less tests needed = less strain on the NHS

The rest I can't really comment on, the logistics of manufacturing, distribution, and processing of tests for example. I know nothing about this but it's clear we should be testing a lot more if possible.

Buyers remorse at the last election? I think it's dawning on people that the current government are completely incompetent

"A majority of Britons are in favour of a government of national unity being formed for the duration of the coronavirus crisis, a new poll from YouGov suggests.
In a survey, 63% of 1,609 people indicated they would be in support of representatives from all of the main political parties being brought into the fold.
A total of 31% said they would be strongly support such a move, whilst only 17% stated that they would be opposed.

418 people are talking about this

Of those polled who voted for the Conservatives at the general election last year, 54% said that they would back plans to govern in unison during the crisis.
Meanwhile, 76% of Labour voters outlined that they would support such a move, with a majority of Liberal Democrat voters polled (84%) also giving their backing.
The survey was carried out between 6 and 7 April – shortly after the election of Sir Keir Starmer as the new Labour leader.
Following his victory on Saturday, the leader of the opposition pledged to engage “constructively” with the government. He said:
There will be many times when, and there are many issues upon which, I will fundamentally disagree with the prime minister. There will also be times when Labour can - and must - engage constructively with the government.
Now is such a time. Coronavirus is a national emergency. It is also a global emergency. Everyone is anxious about what the next few months will bring, but we know we must be resolute in our determination to see this virus defeated, as it will be.
I want to see the government succeed in this: to save lives and protect livelihoods. This is a national effort and all of us should be asking what more we can do.
Updated at 11.38am BST

F

I don't know if it's a regional thing, but my wife works in the NHS and is at one of the two world-leading University hospitals in Cambridge. They have everything they need - PPE, masks, ventilators and oxygen. Morale amongst the staff is very good and the system appears to be working extremely well.

So if there are hospitals that don't have sufficient equipment (and I don't know if there are or not), who is that down to? The Government, or the hospital management? Again, I don't know, but I do find it strange that I know for a fact some hospitals have everything they need to fight the virus, which seems to go against the take from the media.

Mrs Tea works in a council run care home they have no extra PPE so basically gloves and an overall.

Last edited:
Sister in law works in private care home and the boss said why don't we just move all the Corona ones upstairs, then don't need PPE when working with the residents who are downstairs, saves money :?:

I don't know if it's a regional thing, but my wife works in the NHS and is at one of the two world-leading University hospitals in Cambridge. They have everything they need - PPE, masks, ventilators and oxygen. Morale amongst the staff is very good and the system appears to be working extremely well.

So if there are hospitals that don't have sufficient equipment (and I don't know if there are or not), who is that down to? The Government, or the hospital management? Again, I don't know, but I do find it strange that I know for a fact some hospitals have everything they need to fight the virus, which seems to go against the take from the media.
In the Corona virus thread I wrote about my Sister. She is in A&E in a London hospital and they do not have sufficient protection. They have been told a mouth mask and googles is all they will get but as she wears glasses she needs a full face mask. She is not fully protected.

Back