Your views on how the Tories have handled Coronavirus.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I happen to think the government have done not too shabby since the lockdown although they were ten days too late and the lack of PPE will come back to haunt them
But..........
For anyone that says that Boris shouldn’t be criticised as he inherited Labour spending policies.....
It’s like Jurgen Klopp saying his team didn’t do well because Kenny Dalglish signed the wrong players
Utter pish

Last edited:
I happen to think the government have done not too shabby since the lockdown although they were ten days too late and the lack of PPE will come back to haunt them
But..........
For anyone that says that Boris shouldn’t be criticised as he inherited Labour spending policies.....
It’s like Jurgen Klopp saying his team didn’t do well because Kenny Dalglish signed the wrong players
Utter pish

It's actually more like Jurgen saying they didn't do well because Gerard Houllier signed the wrong players.

Does anyone here seriously believe the government or THEIR scientific advice? It's political. I take it every body here has caught the lurgy because it was running rampant through a school? Has anybody here any Idea what a modern school is like?

Due to years of cut backs class sizes are 30+. the average size of a school here is 1300 +, no out door space and tight corridors.
If a kid disobays the social distancing what can the staff do? Send them home? Schools find it hard to exclude before the outbreak, kids get away with violence against staff. What would you do if a kid spat at you?

I would not teach in a school without full PPI. The key is getting the virus under control then track and trace.

The government did too little too late. Did any one here see the army on the streets? That's why we have the second highest rate of deaths in the world.

In this country its livelihoods before lives. Parents are fed up of their kids and want the creche opened again.

Parents are fed up of their kids and want the creche opened again.

I heard on the radio this morning that over 50% of parents dont want to send their kids back to school come 1st June. Interestingly enough its mostly poorer parents that dont want to sent them back. I think the Goverment might be in for a surprise come 1st june

I heard on the radio this morning that over 50% of parents dont want to send their kids back to school come 1st June. Interestingly enough its mostly poorer parents that dont want to sent them back. I think the Government might be in for a surprise come 1st june
None of my grandkids will be returning until things are safe. I'm not sure I like my lad's "let the other kids be the Guinea pigs", but I can't fault him- I'd do the same. In the meantime, does anyone know when the the so-called "public schools" and prep schools go back?

Of course he has the full backing of the pm too much egg on the face otherwise.

I have lost a good friend recently to cancer,The way death is being described as a "statistic" I can tell you dont even begin to scratch the surface.

I have no idea how all this is going to end. But i do despair when some folks treat it as a joke or even worse as a conspiricy.

How hard can it be to just avoid silly situations and doing stupid things for a few months when so much is at stake.
I despair sometimes.
Loved ones can never be replaced.
There is no saying sorry "i was a plonker" at your best mates funeral.

Of course he has the full backing of the pm too much egg on the face otherwise.

I have lost a good friend recently to cancer,The way death is being described as a "statistic" I can tell you dont even begin to scratch the surface.

I have no idea how all this is going to end. But i do despair when some folks treat it as a joke or even worse as a conspiricy.

How hard can it be to just avoid silly situations and doing stupid things for a few months when so much is at stake.
I despair sometimes.
Loved ones can never be replaced.
There is no saying sorry "i was a plonker" at your best mates funeral.
John
What gets me is they're never wrong, they never say sorry and they treat us with contempt.

I agree100%
Since i left the London lifestyle,Well what can i say money no longer falls into my lap.
but most of the "london" set could not boil an egg these days.
swings and rounderbouts ehh.!!

well cheshire cat stay safe and well
My cat (who rules the house anyway) is firmly focused on meeow power

Today was an absolute disgrace. Looks as though media gave the cabinet plenty of rope to hang themselves today. Double standards Tory *****.

A good day for Dominic Cummings, and a good day for the Tories from the look of it. They're wheeling everyone out to support that greasy ******* today, but it appears he made a second trip up north. It'll be scandalous if he survives this.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52786206
The Tory party should carry on exactly as they are doing: a major climbdown over foreign health workers ; a useless and unenforceable quarantine tp stop people going on holiday; bullying schools to open and parents to send their kids there; and now backing the slimeball Cummings. It's great, at this rate we'll be shot of the lot of them by Christmas.
Dear Santa,

Accountability and this government/the previous iterations of it do not go hand in hand. Look at Windrush, Grenfell, suspending parliament unlawfully and lieing to the Queen. They can pretty much do as they wish. Current Cummings saga is proving, once again, how mendacious they all are.

Back