Your views on how the Tories have handled Coronavirus.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hoisted by your own petard...

Boris is demonstrably NOT doing as good a job as any. Britain has the second highest number of deaths from this virus in the world. There's only one world leader doing a worse job.

So it was boris's fault all those idiots in London ignored advice and crowded on the tube, MuQul has reported numerois times how londoners were crowding into parks and that was where the biggest number of deaths back then.

So it was boris's fault all those idiots in London ignored advice and crowded on the tube, MuQul has reported numerois times how londoners were crowding into parks and that was where the biggest number of deaths back then.
Yes, strong leadership would have implemented an effective lockdown as we saw in other countries instead of the wishy-washy approach approach we've seen.

I think the poster was correct Boris is doing as good a job as any, and also backing Cummings against trial by the media was the right thing. Had the police charged Cummings with an offence then he should step down. As it happened the police didn't charge him, end of story.

Eh? You answered a different question there. What has this all got to do with Brexit and an extension to the transition period

That's before we get into the EU ventilator scheme, jobs for the boys for James Dyson, farming dying patients out to care homes so they didnt show in the stats. The list is long.

I'd just like to point out that i'm already p155ed as I've been bottling my 6.83% neipa and as the law stated you must drink hb when bottling. However. even in this state I can recall dyson is not making ventilators for uk Govt, that was cancelled (they had enough) and they were clearing the decks in hospital for the massive c-19 wave which didn't hit. However it didn't take a brain of Britain to work out what was going to happen in the care homes. I suppose that's one way to reduce the cost of the triple lock guarantee. 🤔

Hoisted by your own petard...

Boris is demonstrably NOT doing as good a job as any. Britain has the second highest number of deaths from this virus in the world. There's only one world leader doing a worse job.
We won't know til all the figures are in, although I suspect we'll not be in a medal winning place.

My top 3 - Netherlands, Sweden , Germany

I'd just like to point out that i'm already p155ed as I've been bottling my 6.83% neipa and as the law stated you must drink hb when bottling. However. even in this state I can recall dyson is not making ventilators for uk Govt, that was cancelled (they had enough) and they were clearing the decks in hospital for the massive c-19 wave which didn't hit. However it didn't take a brain of Britain to work out what was going to happen in the care homes. I suppose that's one way to reduce the cost of the triple lock guarantee. 🤔

One for the botte...One for DoJ...

Sunak has already mooted the idea of ditching the triple lock to pay for the furlough costs

23l Rose on, 23l Cider, other fv's all in deep clean, cleaned up afterwards. Transplanted water melons, courgette and gourds, watered and FB video chat/quiz with family. Feels like a productive day. poured a IPA/Cidree snakebite. Got a big bag of crinkle crisps to stick my snozzle in. And I go to HBF;

Just noticed yes feckers bin talkin the same *hite since when I left and there's been no change in Doris or DC (Gollum?) = UK Gov's stance. Apparently there is an even higher risk of UK Dickheads this weekend due to the good weather. Up here it's breezy and we have had our own real Scotgov update;

Stay real people and safe!

Yes, strong leadership would have implemented an effective lockdown as we saw in other countries instead of the wishy-washy approach approach we've seen.

If they had announced lock down before how they were going to pay to keep people employed there would have been uproar, as has been said many times in the thread its easy to make these negative statements with hindsight.

If they had announced lock down before how they were going to pay to keep people employed there would have been uproar, as has been said many times in the thread its easy to make these calls with hindsight.
Other countries managed it and have far fewer dead. Why couldn't the Tories? Why was Boris crowing about how many hands he'd shaken? The numbers speak for themselves, this has been handled catastrophically badly.

The numbers speak for themselves, this has been handled catastrophically badly.

Same old **** different day, as i have said hindsight is a wonderful thing i will remind you at every opportunity, bye.

Last edited:
[
Other countries managed it and have far fewer dead. Why couldn't the Tories? Why was Boris crowing about how many hands he'd shaken? The numbers speak for themselves, this has been handled catastrophically badly.
Boris, in his Greenwich speech, one week after coronavirus had been declared a 'Public Health Emergency of International Concern' said that he wasn't going to close UK down but the UK was going to take off the Clark Kent spectacles and take over the world. And when the UK papers were saying how dreadful Italy was doing with the virus, rather than learn from their problem Boris just put his head down and ignored it.

this is a quote from the speech from the gov.uk website

'when barriers are going up, and when there is a risk that new diseases such as coronavirus will trigger a panic and a desire for market segregation that go beyond what is medically rational to the point of doing real and unnecessary economic damage, then at that moment humanity needs some government somewhere that is willing at least to make the case powerfully for freedom of exchange, some country ready to take off its Clark Kent spectacles and leap into the phone booth and emerge with its cloak flowing as the supercharged champion, of the right of the populations of the earth to buy and sell freely among each other.
And here in Greenwich in the first week of February 2020, I can tell you in all humility that the UK is ready for that role. We are ready for the great multi-dimensional game of chess in which we engage in more than one negotiation at once and we are limbering up to use nerves and muscles and instincts that this country has not had to use for half a century.
Secretary of State Liz Truss tells me she has the teams in place: She has the lawyers, top dollar I’ve no doubt, the economists, trade policy experts and if we don’t have enough, or if they don’t perform, believe me we will hire some more.'

Same old s**t different day, hindsight is a wonderful thing i will remind you at every opportunity, bye.
I keep repeating myself because thousands more people are dead than need be, and you and the other apologists haven't got an answer for it. If nobody else had handled it better I'd be sad at the situation but I'd accept it but almost every country in the world HAS handled it better. That's not the benefit of hindsight, it's governmental negligence.

I don't think questioning supposition relates to losing an argument.

I think the poster was correct Boris is doing as good a job as any, and also backing Cummings against trial by the media was the right thing. Had the police charged Cummings with an offence then he should step down. As it happened the police didn't charge him, end of story.

There you go again, all your arguments is about what you think would happen. So its worth zilch.
The Labour governments of Wilson, Callaghan, Blair, Brown, have shown they can't run a country even without a crisis!
You literally started a sentence with "I think"😂

My answer is - hindsight is a wonderful thing.
We may not have hindsight but we did an insight to what was going on in countries who were further down the line than we were but did not seem to learn by their mistakes.

The government have made some huge mistakes starting with Cheltenham Festival, care home deaths not included in early days, Johnsons handshaking in hospitals dismissing it like a certain American president did, lack of PPE , late testing ,schools opening too early etc etc etc . Some good things eventual lockdown, furlough. The government was always going to be dictated on their stance by the economy over scientific advice hence kids going back to release ther parents for back to work duties.

And it would seem it's still being decided whether he'll be fined or not. If it were cut and dried it'd have been a firm "no" by now.

That's a misreading of where the uncertainty lies. They haven't fined him because they don't fine retrospectively and can't second-guess a hypothetical. They've said that if they had caught him on the trip to Barnard Castle then they would have pulled him over and given a verbal warning and told to go home because he was in breach of the regulations.

The uncertainty lies in his response. *IF* he had just gone home then that would have been the end of the matter. If he had refused to go home then he would have been fined - but they can't be sure if he would have refused.

Either he's lucky or some pressure was put on Durham police to word this statement in a way that has allowed the beastly left-wing media to put a very pro-Cummings spin on it.

Latest posts

Back