Your views on how the Tories have handled Coronavirus.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You literally started a sentence with "I think"😂
But it wasn't a thought about a conjecture of the unknown, it was about an actual entity. Kuabi's post. Big difference.
Hoisted by your own petard...

Boris is demonstrably NOT doing as good a job as any. Britain has the second highest number of deaths from this virus in the world. There's only one world leader doing a worse job.
Not doing as good a job as any what? What are you basing your assumptions? Its no good pointing to other nations, there are too many different factors to take into consideration.
As I said yesterday its not over by a long chalk.

But it wasn't a thought about a conjecture of the unknown, it was about an actual entity. Kuabi's post. Big difference.

Not doing as good a job as any what? What are you basing your assumptions? Its no good pointing to other nations, there are too many different factors to take into consideration.
As I said yesterday its not over by a long chalk.
"Boris is doing as good a job as any" was directly quoting you, you should take a look back through the thread to see what nonsense you were talking, I shouldn't need to spoon-feed it to you.

I agree, it's not over but we're a couple of months into this and loosening lockdown, and we're second place in a race nobody wants to win. If we're going to be beaten into third, fourth, fifth place or better it's not going to be by a developed nation, and that's nothing to be proud of and nothing that couldn't have been avoided.

"Boris is doing as good a job as any" was directly quoting you, you should take a look back through the thread to see what nonsense you were talking, I shouldn't need to spoon-feed it to you.

I agree, it's not over but we're a couple of months into this and loosening lockdown, and we're second place in a race nobody wants to win. If we're going to be beaten into third, fourth, fifth place or better it's not going to be by a developed nation, and that's nothing to be proud of and nothing that couldn't have been avoided.
I knew what I was talking about, just didn't know what you were talking about. You say we (UK) are second. It seems you have more data than any one else, you must be smarter than I give you credit for.
A few posters have all ready mentioned the reasons for not comparing countries, but it seems not to be sinking in.
https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/05/compare-coronavirus-reponse-excess-deaths-rates/

Last edited:
Straight from the mouth of the left.
Boris has done a fantastic job and has acted correctly backing Cummings. He has made a point that our leftie, anti-British media isn't going to dictate how our country is run. It's no secret that this is all about trying to force an extension to negotiations.
Maybe when Blair & Cambell are at least imprisoned for their war crimes, Cummings should be asked to resign.
Leftie anti British media ????????

I knew what I was talking about, just didn't know what you were talking about. You say we (UK) are second. It seems you have more data than any one else, you must be smarter than I give you credit for.
A few posters have all ready mentioned the reasons for not comparing countries, but it seems not to be sinking in.
https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/05/compare-coronavirus-reponse-excess-deaths-rates/

Tbf Our infection rate and death toll is still pretty **** though isnt it

To quote your article, "while we may be able to draw some conclusions about the success of nations’ COVID-19 responses, we should exercise caution when making direct comparisons. ".

I think even taking the data extremely cautiously, having the second highest number of deaths from the virus is an abysmal display.

Tbf Our infection rate and death toll is still pretty **** though isnt it
Its inevitable that people die and a lot more will die as lock down slowly opens up. I did read 3 to 5% are now immune and the figure has got to be between 55 to 70%. There looks like there will not be any saving vaccine so the elderly and those with underlying health problems are the ones who will bear the brunt. UK is **** as is with a lot of Europe, compact living does not help at all. New Zealand has a population of less than 5,000,000 and is bigger than the UK so far easier to control. Victoria where I live has a population of about 6,000,000 and is larger than England, so again easier to control unfortunately not a lot can be done, lock down cannot carry on indefinitely.
Do you think Foxy would want Boris as Australia's PM 😂😂😂
They are very similar, same politics and initially the same outlook with the approach to dealing with the virus.
I think even taking the data extremely cautiously, having the second highest number of deaths from the virus is an abysmal display.
What is it you can't comprehend, its not a straight forward league table, there are lots of variables as has been mentioned time and again on this thread, and as that article suggests.
What are the excess deaths, how are they logged in each country, common sense should tell you that each country will not be recording them in the same manner.

I agree, it's not over but we're a couple of months into this and loosening lockdown, and we're second place in a race nobody wants to win. If we're going to be beaten into third, fourth, fifth place or better it's not going to be by a developed nation, and that's
To quote your article, "while we may be able to draw some conclusions about the success of nations’ COVID-19 responses, we should exercise caution when making direct comparisons. ".

Precisely. Whoever is in the first few slots, will have inevitably ****** it. When there are numerous countries around the world who have shown that the virus CAN be contained, if you failed to do so, then you didnt do well. That's a pretty obvious point.

Anyway, it seems there are numerous people in positions of knowledge on the subject who gather data and DO see the point in comparing nations. On that basis I will continue to pay attention to that data and comparisons, despite the insistence of politically partisan people who started saying it was pointless to compare once it became obvious that the UK was going searing into the front seat for almost every data point you can measure, lamentably including deaths.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is it you can't comprehend, its not a straight forward league table, there are lots of variables as has been mentioned time and again on this thread, and as that article suggests.
What are the excess deaths, how are they logged in each country, common sense should tell you that each country will not be recording them in the same manner.

Your own article says that conclusions may be drawn based on the numbers. Fair enough, there may be anomalies in how the data is compiled and those anomalies may bump the UK down by 2-3 places, but what we can say for sure is that approaching 40,000 people are dead, a lot of them absolutely unnecessarily.

Precisely. Whoever is in the first few slots, will have inevitably ****** it. When there are numerous countries around the world who have shown that the virus CAN be contained, if you failed to do so, then you didnt do well. That's a pretty obvious point.

Anyway, it seems there are numerous people in positions of knowledge on the subject who gather data and DO see the point in comparing nations. On that basis I will continue to pay attention to that data and comparisons, despite the insistence of politically partisan people who started saying it was pointless to compare once it became obvious that the UK was going searing into the front seat for almost every data point you can measure, lamentably including deaths.

Bingo.

Your own article says that conclusions may be drawn based on the numbers. Fair enough, there may be anomalies in how the data is compiled and those anomalies may bump the UK down by 2-3 places, but what we can say for sure is that approaching 40,000 people are dead, a lot of them absolutely unnecessarily.

The excess deaths number is significantly higher than 40k too. That's the number that should be spoken about more.

Why do we have to keep going over the same ground. The crisis isn't over and it won't be for a long time, figures today will be different figures in a years time. Covid 19 is a virus similar to the flu, millions around the world die each year of the flu, we have a vaccine for the flu we don't have one for Covid 19. The flu vaccine is hit and miss it is a guess which strain of flu will be the predominant strain during flu season, all those who die when the guess is wrong, are they unnecessary deaths?
There is a saying, arguing with a fool makes two fools, so I will leave the floor to you.

As i said earlier in the thread i have to read threads (especially ones like this) to make sure rules are not being broken its getting a little irritating reading the same old arguments which go round in circles (and trolling from certain members) i think we all know everyone's views on the subject of lockdown now so can we draw a line in the sand and discuss how they are handling things now and in the future as lockdown is eased.

Last edited:
Back