You're stuck in quarantine with only one beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I initially planned to ask for all of your 'stuck on a deserted island with only one beer' choice - but decided that a 'stuck in quarantine with only one beer' topic is more topical.

The idea is that you choose one type of beer - and that beer is the only beer that you can drink for a very long time. It needs to be interesting enough to not lose interest with the beer but not so specific/eclectic that you will grow tired of it.

My choice is Saison Dupont. It's such an easy drinking beer that is super refreshing, yet it has surprising complexity. It also pairs really well with most food. A true classic.

What is yours?

Rochefort 10 or Westvleteren 12. Luckily for me I still have 6 Westvleteren 12's in the garage after a trip to Brugge two years ago. So they are at least two years old. Opened one last Xmas and it was remarkable, easily the best beer i've ever had by a long way.

Rochefort 10 or Westvleteren 12. Luckily for me I still have 6 Westvleteren 12's in the garage after a trip to Brugge two years ago. So they are at least two years old. Opened one last Xmas and it was remarkable, easily the best beer i've ever had by a long way.

Excuse my ignorance, doesn't beer taste better "fresh" rather than aged?

Excuse my ignorance, doesn't beer taste better "fresh" rather than aged?

It really does depend on the style of beer, some need to be fresh, like hoppy IPA's but others improve with age. Dark beers, stouts etc will be conditioning for months even longer.

It really does depend on the style of beer, some need to be fresh, like hoppy IPA's but others improve with age. Dark beers, stouts etc will be conditioning for months even longer.

Ah cool thanks. I'm into hoppy IPAs quite a bit atm so maybe blinkered vision 😅

Chimay Blue. The longer in quarantine the better it gets with age.
A few of these should keep me going.
0502B693-BE89-428A-8D4F-AE8C186908A6.jpeg

Warrington's a fair step from Salisbury!

My local village hall is a real ale Mecca and has won numerous award and that's where I first tasted it.

Westmalle triple is a good shout but I think Green Jack would take it, probably a Mahseer IPA. Coincidentally planned a Landlord clone today, just need the ingredients now...

Latest posts

Back