You're stuck in quarantine with only one beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Duvel. I could drink it all day and all night and never get tired of it, it is the pinnacle of of beers. There are others that may taste better for a single glass, but drink a second and they become too rich, or the hops overpower the palatte. Duvel is great at the start and great at the end, and drink five or six of them and you won't remember the ones at the start anyway.

Carlsberg special brew and spend the whole time so wasted you don't even care.
Damn it, I was going to suggest this for comic effect. Too slow 😆

Tough one to answer as my preferred beer style changes with the season but as I've yet to have the pleasure of a Westvleteren 12 I'd have to go for Rochefort 10.

Duvel. I could drink it all day and all night and never get tired of it, it is the pinnacle of of beers. There are others that may taste better for a single glass, but drink a second and they become too rich, or the hops overpower the palatte. Duvel is great at the start and great at the end, and drink five or six of them and you won't remember the ones at the start anyway.
I love Duvel and I agree it's one of the worlds greats, but at 9%, it's a bit hard on a pints-drinker. 6 bottles is 3½ pints so the alcoholic equivalent of 7 pints of best bitter. So yeah, ok, but not every night of the lock-down.

I love Duvel and I agree it's one of the worlds greats, but at 9%, it's a bit hard on a pints-drinker. 6 bottles is 3½ pints so the alcoholic equivalent of 7 pints of best bitter. So yeah, ok, but not every night of the lock-down.
I wasn't suggesting you drink five or six of them regularly, only that if you did you wouldn't remember too much!

I'd have to go with Thornbridge Jaipur. Although it isn't my favourite beer, it isn't even my favourite beer from Thornbridge, I never seem to tire of them. When my palette is shot from drinking my third barrel aged fruited sour or double chocolate peanut butter biscuit imperial porter, I go to jaipur and never regret the decision.

Fosters...... Would stop me drinking and becoming an alcoholic :laugh8:
Would actually be cask proper job for me :beer1:

Hmmmmm. It's tempting to go for your favourite beer, in my case possibly Orval. But I'm with an ankou, I'd prefer something sessionable if I can only have one beer. Dunno what though, and the thought of only ever having the same beer for the rest of my days is not a good thought!

Latest posts

Back