You're stuck in quarantine with only one beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Old peculiar would be my go to choice, but only because unlimited bottles of Cantillon would probably lose its appeal (eventually) or I'd die of liver failure too quickly

Brains Dark for a commercial beer. But for one of my own I'd go for an EKG smash like Ron Pattinsons 1864 Lovibond XB pale ale.
Well done @Cwrw666. I made up a batch, which I bottled towards the end of November. Tried one in January and wasn't that impressed. Opened one today and it's absolutely gorgeous: starts off with honey notes and the high IBUs don't intrude at all. I used Hookhead pale, as it happens, but I had to look up my notes because it tasted like Chevallier. I'll definitely be doing that one again. Thanks for the tip.
:hat:

Beez Kneez from Matilda Bay in Oz.

Honey wheat beer and very quaffable

I think Kronenbourg 1664, there seems to be a lot of distaste for commercial lager amongst many home brewers, but 1664 has fond memories for me of travelling around France and I find it quite distinctive.

Back