You're stuck in quarantine with only one group / composer.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

An Ankoù

Landlord.
Reaction score
All credit to Dorst for this one. So we're stuck in quarantine with our favourite beer, but there's only one group or composer you can listen to. Favourite beer's good since if your drink enough of it you can nicely collapse into the arms of Morpheus, but too much of the wrong music can do your head in. If there was only one band you could listen to, in all its manifestations and lineup changes, who would it be? Let's say you've got to listen for at least four hours a day for every day of the lock-down. My choice would be Deep Purple.

Queen, but I wouldn't take anything after 1984 so I'm allowed the B side of Brian May and Van Halen's Starfleet Project to jam along with and The Hammond Song by The Roches to sing harmonies to.

Queen, but I wouldn't take anything after 1984 so I'm allowed the B side of Brian May and Van Halen's Starfleet Project to jam along with and The Hammond Song by The Roches to sing harmonies to.
I’d go Queen as well. A lot of different songs to listen to, still occasionally hear a song and go who is this? Never heard it but I like it. And quite often it’s been Queen oddly.

It would be a composer that you didn't like initially but who grew on you, with challenging stuff. I think Charles Mingus would grow on anyone who listened to his material for a few weeks.

About the time metal ended for me, when Dave Lombardo left Slayer and Nirvana and RATM formed.
I was a late starter with metal, I only discovered it in my late teens which was unfortunately around the start of the nu metal era, but System of a down were different enough to get me through that until I got into the heavier stuff. Meshuggah are just on another level, still standing out amongst a sea of copycat bands.

Latest posts

Back