ZX Spectrum

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which console/PC have you owned

• Nintendo Entertainment System (NES)

• Atari 2600

• PlayStation 2

• Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES)

• Xbox 360

• Dreamcast

• Nintendo 64

• Nintendo Wii

• Xbox

• Playstation 3

• Nintendo GameCube

• Atari 7800

• SEGA Saturn

• NeoGeo

• SEGA Master System

• 3DO

• Atari 5200

• Playstation.

• mega drive

Results are only viewable after voting.
Very late to the party here. I got a 48k Spectrum by my parents when I passed my 11+ (my school region was one of the few remaining Grammar / Secondary Modern setups, the year after me it became Comprehensive).

Jet Set Willy was a classic wasted a lot of time on that game do I remember some weird copy protection a grid of 4 colours you had to enter to start the game? I remember my mate copied it diligently by hand whilst recording my cassette!!!

I also enjoyed Jet Pac and Elite.

I was playing a fan port of the Amiga Elite (called Alite) on my Android Tablet recently.

I had a PS2 wasted waaaaaay too much time playing Gran Turismo and the Grand Theft Auto games. Haven't dipped my toe into consoles since but I have a 9 year old son it's only a matter of time before he asks for a console...

I remember some weird copy protection a grid of 4 colours you had to enter to start the game? I remember my mate copied it diligently by hand whilst recording my cassette!!!
I forget which game it was, but there was a copy protection system called "Lenslok" where the game cam with a little plastic widget with a weird plastic lens in it. When the game loaded it would show a scrambled password on screen that could only be read through the lens which then had to be input to unlock the game!

I forget which game it was, but there was a copy protection system called "Lenslok" where the game cam with a little plastic widget with a weird plastic lens in it. When the game loaded it would show a scrambled password on screen that could only be read through the lens which then had to be input to unlock the game!
Pretty sure that one came with Elite!

Binatone games console.
MSX computer.
Commodore 64.
Commodore Amiga.
Sega master system.
Sega mega drive.
PlayStation 1.2.3 and 4
Xbox, Xbox 360.
A forray into building pc's and pc gaming 1990's/early 2000.

Probably forgot a couple, plus Nintendo entertainment system and one or two hand held gadgies.

There may be some still in loft.

Yes, that's right! Never worked properly if I remember correctly.
Yeh it was tricky IIRC.

Oooh it was Jet Set Willy that had the colour coded grid...

figure9.jpg

Just to add to the list of consoles I had a Mattel Intellivision - anyone remember those.

Yeh it was tricky IIRC.

Oooh it was Jet Set Willy that had the colour coded grid...

figure9.jpg

Just to add to the list of consoles I had a Mattel Intellivision - anyone remember those.
I remember the Jet Set Willy grid. I think it was the first game I got when I got the 32k ram pack to upgrade my 16k Spectrum!

I remember the Jet Set Willy grid. I think it was the first game I got when I got the 32k ram pack to upgrade my 16k Spectrum!

RAM pack that brings back memories.
My spectrum is at my parents house the more i read the thread more i am thinking of bringing it home.

1600875542544.png

1600875494690.png

Do it!!!!!

I don't want to fire it up and find my fond memories are shattered. (gets coin and flips it)

To be honest i am not sure what is there (cables etc) i seem to remember i bought a separate floppy drive how would i set it up on a modern LCD screen.

Latest posts

Back