ZX Spectrum

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which console/PC have you owned

• Nintendo Entertainment System (NES)

• Atari 2600

• PlayStation 2

• Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES)

• Xbox 360

• Dreamcast

• Nintendo 64

• Nintendo Wii

• Xbox

• Playstation 3

• Nintendo GameCube

• Atari 7800

• SEGA Saturn

• NeoGeo

• SEGA Master System

• 3DO

• Atari 5200

• Playstation.

• mega drive

Results are only viewable after voting.
We have now hit the forum limit if anyone can add a console that is more popular than any that have no votes i will switch them.
I don’t own one, but surely the Nintendo Switch should be in the original poll.

As I said in my last post it's a console thread the switch is a handheld that can be used as a console, feel free to open a handheld poll.

Where's the PC in the title lineup?

If you read the thread from the start you'll notice the first post refers to the spectrum i added the poll later i didn't edit the title to remove PC as the thread was originally about the Spectrum.

I've enjoyed computer games since I was a kid and for most of the time since I've considered myself to be a fairly avid gamer. I've been a Playstation man since the original PS1 but prior to that I had a Sega Master System (a true classic), the Sega Mega-Drive and then (probably one of my all time favourite systems) a Nintendo 64. Did a bit of PC gaming in my late teens too but was never the hardcore rig building type PC gamer.

I'm now in my mid 30's and currently playing on PS4. I don't get to play anywhere near as often as I used to so my exploration of PS4 titles is probably quite limited by some folks standards but I still like to keep my hand in and there have been a glut of exiting games released recently and soon to be released to coincide with the next-gen consoles launching later this year.

On PS4, I've been a massive fan of The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt and Red Dead Redemption 2. Played a fair few other great games on PS4 including Wolfenstein (The New Order), Tomb Raider, Hitman, Killzone Shadow Fall and some others that aren't coming to mind. I used to be a big FIFA fan but I chucked that a few years ago as I found the online side of it was all I was really playing and it brought out a fairly unhealthy competitive streak in me. I decided enough was enough after I smashed a controller (eek!). The less said about that the better! :laugh8:

Most recently I've been playing The Last of Us Part 2 and I'm absolutely loving it. Prior to that I had re-played the first game (originally released on PS3) and both games are up there with my all time faves. The sequel is absolutely outstanding and I'm currently just more than half way through the campaign. Great visceral and fluid gameplay, very atmospheric and the story and script is up there with with some of the best movies or television I've watched. I'd highly recommend it to anyone with a PS4 but it's not for the faint of heart - at times it's nerve shredding and intense beyond belief (or maybe I'm just a big wimp!).

Last edited:
PS4 here.

I played a few hours of The Last of Us Part 2 and was loving it but i got to the stage where it was like directing actors in a film, i got increasingly irritated and gave up far before finishing it which was a shame as i liked the original, i traded it for -

GHOST OF TSUSHIMA this game is one of the best game i have played on PS4.

The guy reviewing is called Rad Brad one of my favourite reviewers.

Last edited:
PS4 here.

I played a few hours of The Last of Us Part 2 and was loving it but i got to the stage where it was like directing actors in a film, i got increasingly irritated and gave up far before finishing it which was a shame as i liked the original, i traded it for -

GHOST OF TSUSHIMA this game is one of the best game i have played on PS4.

The guy reviewing is called Rad Brad one of my favourite reviewers.

When I went to buy a new game recently it was a toss up between the last of us part 3 and ghost of tsushima. I went with the last of us because ghost was getting a few dodgy reviews but everyone i know who's played it raves about it. i'll definitely be picking it up in the future.

If you are the sort of player that loves doing the side missions loves looting you are in for 50 hours or more gameplay i have been playing many hours and have only just got past the first major part of the game (i wont spoil it by explaining) it makes a nice change from shooters and i am sure you will enjoy it.

I've had Vic 20, C16, C64, Atari 2600, GameBoy, SNES, PS1, GC, PS2, DS, 2DS. Kids have had a Wii U, XB360, XB One, Switch.

I have a linux based hand held that I play a lot of old games on.

I've had Vic 20, C16, C64, Atari 2600, GameBoy, SNES, PS1, GC, PS2, DS, 2DS. Kids have had a Wii U, XB360, XB One, Switch.

I have a linux based hand held that I play a lot of old games on.
I've got SNES and N64 emulators on the mini PC hooked up to the living room TV for the kids to game on. I can't justify the cost of a modern console and games for them, and they love the emulated games so all is well.

Ive GOT an Atari Woody all boxed with full packaging and instructions.
Several games cartridges - space invaders - defender - pac man. Again all boxed.
I sometimes set it up at Xmas time.
Still great fun to play.

Also got a ZX81 fully boxed with all packaging. I never use that its for decorative purposes only. 😃

This recent kickstarter campaign for the ZX Spectrum Issue 2 certainly got my attention. Have enjoyed reading this thread. Very nostalgic. ZX Spectrum Next - Issue 2

I like the look of the new Spectrum but the problem for me is when you go back and play the games you remember so well from back in the day they are usually a bit of a let down.

I like the look of the new Spectrum but the problem for me is when you go back and play the games you remember so well from back in the day they are usually a bit of a let down.
I agree. My kids would just give a withering look at it, grunt and walk off I would imagine. I did make a pledge so we’ll see in about a year’s time, if we’re still here then lol.

Late to the party here! I had a BBC Micro. Spent ages programming it myself, and playing games. Elite, Zalaga were two of my favourites. The machine finally succumbed to a beating courtesy of Brian Jacks' Superstars - one squat thrust too many. Later, a variety of systems, my favourite being N64. I recently got that out again and have started trying to get some more stars in Mario 64 (which is hard when you can't remember how the controls work).

I used to design circuit boards (CAD) on a BBC Master back in the late 80s
Cheaper than a PC in those days.
Worked quite well even for double sided boards obviously there was no auto-route.

A friend used to run a laser light show in a night club on a BBC micro also in late 80s

Amazing what could be done with what today would be called "ridiculously primitive equipment."

Back